Diablo II Patch 1.10

Defcon_IVDefcon_IV Innsmouth, RI
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Alright then, I know that many of you have an 'old' copy of DII or even DII Lord of Destruction kicking around somewhere...check to see if you're using it as a coaster...and I know that you all want it to remain dead. Oh I hear you, "Def, I got so bored...none of the uniques were good for long, the sets sucked and were impossible to assemble, I got tired of doing the same thing over and over again, (Hearing the Prime Evils spout off after you had killed them a dozen times got old) and my hireling was too stupid to walk <i>around</i> a wall. Well I say, welcome to the newest, long overdue item from Blizzard North, the 1.10 patch.

Included are such amazing things as, increased magic drop, beefier set bonuses, and and overall increased intelligence to all fighting NPCs.

The chances of average monsters dropping magic items will be nearly doubled and chests, stashes, etc. will be dropping BIG prizes a plenty.

If you assemble the Necro specific set, guess what...You become a vampire. Assassin? you become ethereal! Any other class only has an aura at this point, but it still looks diggity dog ding damn cool.

Killing the Brothers Ugly time and again because they're the only things that drop treasure will disappear because of the increased mf (Magic Find, i.e. likeliness to find a magic, set, unique, or superior item.)

Remember selling those uniques that were really good, but didn't have a high enough base damage to make it worth a few meager stats? Well cry for your loss no more, most uniques have been upped hardcore to make the find more worth it. Azure Wrath has been made rather ridiculous to live up to its legend. (It is afterall supposed to be the same sword Tyrael totes...and we all know what that did.) And if it <i>still</i> isn't strong enough just pair it with a few runes and a perfect emerald in the Horadric Cube and...<i>viola</i> the weapon has been upped a class (i.e. from Crystal Sword to Dimensional Blade.)

But all infomercial attitude aside there are a ton of changes that promise to make the game fun and *gasp* challenging again.

You can find more about the changes that are coming up @ Diablo II.net and at the official Blizzard website.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    bah... until i d/l it, I still don't believe its coming.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Its still not on their site.

From your post you made it sound like they had just released it......

All that excitement for nothing.

NS
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited July 2003
    Yea I installed diablo 2 and LOD 2 days ago cause I was bored and my friend wanted to play. Patch 1.09D is still the current one.
  • Defcon_IVDefcon_IV Innsmouth, RI
    edited July 2003
    No it isn't out yet...the beta versions are what I was going off of, but the 1.09 patch was pretty much what they had up beforehand...no large changes or anything. At any rate even one of the things would be very cool...and if they actually incorporate all of them it will be amazing.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    billzards problem is that they wanna make the game challenging..cuz challenging=fun...NO!...slight challenge=fun...i remember back in the day (2 yrs ago or so) my ice sorc whopppppped butt with her silks, eyeless, magefists, and a double perfect skull crown (mana regeneration) but after patches...she suxored
    edited July 2003
    I only play hardcore now, its the only real fun. Normal mode is just boring is hell. And if I hear one more person on there say "RUSH ME TO HELLL PLZZZORZ!!!11" I swear I will kill someone, its just getting annoying.

Plus the adreneline on Hardcore is good, and the actual WORRY of PK's.

NS
    edited July 2003
    d00d seeling SOJs @ http://www.icantplayagamesforacrap.orgcomnetgovedu

Seriously it's pretty jank that people have made the game into a friggin' race. The Ladder is fine enough...but people just get ridiculous. That's why I got out of EQ, it was too damn boring after a while with a bunch of people trying to scam and all of the Plvling made it impossible to ROLE PLAY an RPG.
    edited July 2003
    Hardcore rules :) It's all I play too.
    d00d seeling SOJs...

Try bugged (insert item here) with stats of windforce :/
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    edited July 2003
    Damn...it appears there is a new reason for Blizzard North to not release the patch, or well anything.
    edited July 2003
    beta patch out, official release from blizz. Does not work on realms. This is the only mirror i could find that works

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/html/7237
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited July 2003
    i got my account banned fro usign the map hack lol, i had a few GF's a winddy or 2, all legit, 2 shaffers hammers, legit, a few bugged items like the Arkanes valors, couple armogeddon fletch ammys and a bunch of really nice stuff.............. oh well
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited July 2003
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/beta/

There you go ;). We could all get an IP game going or something.
  • WahoogieWahoogie Marietta, GA, USA
    edited July 2003
    Eh, I'll wait till it's official. I can't find my LoD cd :)
    edited July 2003
    You dont need your LoD CD as it doesnt work with LOD....... which is why I'm not installing it.

NS
    edited July 2003
    What do you mean. It works fine with my LOD. You do need to run a command file to revert to 1.09, but other than that it works fine.
    edited July 2003
    Oh, sorry, I read -

"you will not be able to connect to Battle.net to play Diablo II or Diablo II: Lord of Destruction"

As

"you will not be able to connect to Battle.net to play Diablo II or play Diablo II: Lord of Destruction"

:rolleyes:

NS
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited July 2003
    mmm.. 1.10...

though I'm not sure how much more of my life I want to waste on this. really, I lost my Frost Maiden at some point due to inactivity and that hurt.
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited July 2003
    Only problem I found with 1.10 is that even with a lvl 99 Sorceress with no equipment, I found Nightmare (yes, Nightmare) difficult to survive. I never even attempted Hell. Challenging isn't the word.

Blizzard turned the economy upside down with this one. I still might play 1.10 though :D I'll probably play Ladder hardcore. Heh