Offical GAMES Thread #1: Tourneys?

2»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Halo - Halo - Halo - Halo...
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I'm actually wondering now if I should be there, I haven't played any of the games you guys are posting which also means I don't own any. The only game I'm good at is HL and nobody else plays it.

BTW - I voted no.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ;) honestly I think everyone will have a great time even if they don't play all the games. A lot of the lans that are made up of people from the same site/clan/etc where people have known each other for a while degenerate from gaming to just hanging out. My last lan my clan had (3rd or 4th one) they decided not even to bring computers. Everyone just likes to get together and have a good time
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    TBonZ had this to say
    I'm actually wondering now if I should be there, I haven't played any of the games you guys are posting, which also means I don't own any. The only game I'm good at is HL and nobody else plays it.

BTW - I voted no.

I own HL and play it. I haven't been into FPS in a few years due to lack of other people to play against. I have started again in order to sharpen my (very dull) skills. I am going to the LAN to meet people and hang out with the best online community around. I will be playing games as much as I can. I <b>WILL</b> be fragged more times then I can fathom but that's not the point.

SM is my online family. You guys are my family...:bawling:
  • edited November 2003
    Nonono. Those will just be the tourny games. You guys will be able to play whatever you want.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Oh ok, just don't want to feel left out that's all. Forget what I said, there is no way I'll be missing this, games or no games. :)
  • qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
    edited November 2003
    I need to fix my damn video card problem, otherwise I won't be able to play anything. stupid thing crashes my comp after 10 minutes playing anything... and that's with the best drivers, other ones crash it in a minute or two. :(
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited March 2004
    I'd like to see a Call of Duty tourny. I'll be sober should I should really own it up.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    Gonna have to add UT2004 to the list. Only a few more days and I will have mine shipped to me.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I have a feeling that things have changed significant since november, when we first started planning this. I am pretty sure UT2K4 will be the game du jour at the LAN.

:D

I can't wait.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    Yeah I ordered a copy of UT2K4 the same day mmonnin did. It even comes with free logitec microphone headset. :bigggrin: March 16 is the day it comes out if I am not mistaken.

I'm defintily up for some fragging action! UT2K4 isn't my best game but the demo is a blast. A tourny would be great even if I am at the bottom of the ladder. Well second to the bottom, mmonnin will be there after all...

Norge
    edited March 2004
    Hehe yeah I suck.
    edited March 2004
    OMG - CBDroege, CrazyJoe0813, CBDroege and I (and about 6 other folks) all played the UT2K4 demo at our Nexlia LAN 2 event over the weekend of March 5th and it rocked us so much we all went out and preordered it within days... w00t.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Indeed. Never liked any Unreal games until this one. I even ordered a new DVD player off of NewEgg so I could play the DVD special edition version. Gotta love a game that takes up over 5 gigs!! Double W00t!!!
  • mewashere03mewashere03 Michigan
    edited April 2004
    ah... whatever we play is cool. I dont really care I'll play any game, I know my big bro will set me up. hahaha.... :bigggrin:
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    lol - i really couldn't believe my plan worked to get everyone at Nexlia on UT2k4! >:) I'll play anything. I'd definately play ut2k4.
    edited April 2004
    Yup, sharky pwned us good!
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited April 2004
    Unreal Tournament, UT2K3, or UT2K4
    Incriminating Skies, i.e. Crimson Skies
    Battlefield 1492 - Columbus Sails again, i.e. Battlefield 1942
    Jedi Knight
    Serious Sam
    AOE II, AOM
    Pong

The orginal UT is probably my favorite but I'm open to play anything. I've heard a lot about CounterStrike but never played it.

Ocomik

www.ocomik.net
    www.ocomik.net/blog/index.html
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    Do we have a final list of games? Just wondernig what games I need to run out and buy.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Oh yeah! JKIII for sure!

And, serious sam totally pwns.. We used to have so much fun with that game-- how could I forget....

The cannon == best gun EVAR!
  • edited April 2004
    Clutch wrote:
    Do we have a final list of games? Just wondernig what games I need to run out and buy.

No offical list really... at least yet. But we WILL have dedicated UT2k4 and BF1942 servers set up.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    TheSmJ wrote:
    No offical list really... at least yet. But we WILL have dedicated UT2k4 and BF1942 servers set up.

Ok, thanks. At least I do have those two games already :)
    edited April 2004
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Dedicated BF1942 server... *falls to the ground and starts drooling*

Norge
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    someone bring a console, we need soul caliber duce action.
    edited May 2004
    Norge is bringing his PS2.:)
  • edited May 2004
    Cool, cause we have a couple TVs we could use.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    We should have a bracketed Rise of Nations Tourney!

I volunteer to run that one.
    edited May 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Norge is bringing his PS2.:)
    I am? I don't remember being informed of this but what the hell. I'll bring it. I have a copy of SC2 so don't worry.

Norge