I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

redoulentredoulent Michigan
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Just when you thought it was safe to surf the forums!!!

I returned triumphantly from my honeymoon Friday, July the 4th! Only to find out that we had no power! We did not regain power until late Sunday! We lost everything in our refrigerator! ARG! No folding for an entire weekend!

The honeymoon rocked though! One night it stormed something fierce! So we just sat in the outdoor jacuzzi that was under the awning and watched it storm in the mountains! Talk about roughing it! We managed to find something to do after that too ;)

Dollywood is nothing but shopping, so save your money folks. You can buy better/same items in town and not have to pay admission!

The good eats are The Old Mill, Bennett's Bar-B-Q, the Pancake House in Gatlinburg, Dixie Stampede, and Black Bear Jamboree! For the Dixie Stampede you have to pick north or south to root for. For one of the events they grabbed 4 kids, 2 from each side, that were between 3 and 6 years old and had them each chase a chicken across the finish line. South won that cause one of our north chickens likes to run in circles! They also had piglet races. It was a lot of fun, and no utensils allowed!

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Congratulations Red!:beer:

That really blows about the power but glad to hear you're up and running again.

Chicken chasing, piglet races?!?!:eek:
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    damn the inconvience of power outages...damn them to hell
  • redoulentredoulent Michigan
    edited July 2003
    Hiya Tbonz! I'm warmin up a tatoo gun for your hiney! I will catch you and tatoo a little somethin on my way by....Red Was Here -- And Here...left cheek right cheek, get it!!!! :D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    redoulent said
    Hiya Tbonz! I'm warmin up a tatoo gun for your hiney! I will catch you and tatoo a little somethin on my way by....Red Was Here -- And Here...left cheek right cheek, get it!!!! :D

It's a shame you must waste all that hot air red, I also seem to remember a time when you wanted to tattoo my butt with a spur....oh yeah, that didn't happen.:nudge::D

:ninja:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Welcome home, Red :D I'm sure you'll need to get some rest after that vacation ;)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    redoulent said
    Just when you thought it was safe to surf the forums!!!

I returned triumphantly from my honeymoon Friday, July the 4th! Only to find out that we had no power! We did not regain power until late Sunday! We lost everything in our refrigerator! ARG! No folding for an entire weekend!

You say "I returned..." - don't you mean "we"?:)
    Gee, no power. You both must have been extremely bored.:p

Too bad about the Folding, though.

Prof

Congrats to the happy couple!:beer:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Glad to have you back Red. Its not the same here without you and your stories of the piggies. Oh I bet they were not happy the machines were not able to fold.:(

We have gotten a ****load a rain the past few days. The 4th it started with a huge storm, cancelled the fireworks. Then again on the 5th it rained, cancelled again. They are next Saturday now. It rained yesterday. Once already today and it is now, I was outside for like 5 seconds and got drenched. I dont expect anything less than 10" anywhere around here. I know the farmers are crying from all the rain. We didnt lose power tho.