India Leapfrogs to 4G Wireless

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited May 2004 in Science & Tech
IT Minister says country could be a leader in wireless technology.
India aims to leapfrog to fourth-generation wireless technology, skipping 3G technology as it has not been found to be cost effective, according to Dayanidhi Maran, the country's new minister for IT and communications.
Source: PC World

Comments

• Zero1Zero1 Independence, MO
    edited May 2004
    How can India do that if they can't even feed there poeple 0.o?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Zero1 wrote:
    How can India do that if they can't even feed there poeple 0.o?

Just remember.... USA can't feed its entire population either.... Not that we couldn't, we chose not to.

-qch
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited May 2004
    //START RANT//
    What's it for anyway that g thingys. If i want to send a pic, i'll use email. If i want to call someone, all cellphones can do that. Why must we have alll that camera jada jada jada that they throw into cellphones. If i want to play portable games i'll get a gameboy. Why must we have phones that can do it. All it does is send radiation through us that noone knows if it's safe or not.

I got my first cellphone 2 years ago as a graduation gift and yes it is good to have so people can reach you but if it makes calls and sends an accasional sms it's fine with me. Who wants all those other useless functions that don't work everywhere either. And why keep it on at night. Nothing can be that important.
    ///END RANT///

Sorry just had to get that out of my system. BTW my cell is a Nokia 3310.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2004
    1, Who wants all those other useless functions that don't work everywhere either.
    Well somebody does.
    2, And why keep it on at night. Nothing can be that important.
    Because they want to?

I know what you mean though, it's not for me either.