Some bad news:

edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
I realized last night that I was folding for no team, under the Anonymous nametag. After checking the logs I've found that the computer (my newest, 2GHz) was folding this way for the past 2 months... quite disappointing...

Being as I KNOW I have set this up right after installing F@H (I use the console client, btw) something must have reset the setup info. Has this ever happened to anyone?

P.S.

I run the client w/ Firedeamon.

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I had a stick of ram that started dying on me in one of my machines and at first was just causing these strange little errors from time to time. The next time I had checked my folding config it read my user and team number as both "Tbonz". Really very strange but that's the only time I can remember having my config modified without my doing.

I doubt that is your problem though.:confused:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    TBonZ said
    I had a stick of ram that started dying on me in one of my machines and at first was just causing these strange little errors from time to time. The next time I had checked my folding config it read my user and team number as both "Tbonz". Really very strange but that's the only time I can remember having my config modified without my doing.

You traitor!!!

Started your own team and all! J/K
    Was that ram problem ever solved? I remember it buddy.

Mac
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Heck I would have known if 2ghz went into digital oblivion. Sucks dude.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Mackanz said
    TBonZ said

You traitor!!!

Started your own team and all! J/K
    Was that ram problem ever solved? I remember it buddy.

Mac

LOL, yeah watch out Mac, Team TBonZ is gonna whoop some ass!!:aol:;)

The above was a seperate problem entailing a RMA and all is good. My original ram problem which you are referring to was remedied when I swapped my 1800+ for a 2100+, I dunno why but it worked and I have my 512 MB's worth back.:)