Any Gunbound Freaks out there?

GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
edited June 2004 in Gaming
Hi all,

I am new to this board, and don't see much about GB. ANybody play it? I was playing it every day until I bought BF1942 last week...I think it's a pretty cool game.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I play regularly, my handle is the same as my forum handle...

And welcome to Short-Media!

Nice Av.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    My sister, MeWasHere03, plays gunbound.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I play it on occasion. Same handle as I use here.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Can anyone explain what it's all about? I've seen my sister play it and all they do is lob bombs back and forth at each other. It looks extremely tedious and boring.... Is there more to it?
    edited May 2004
    You can get upgrades and costumes and stuff, but lobing things at each other is really the whole game... I like it because it is kind of nostalgic for me. Reminds me of the days Colgere and I would spend hours on end playing Scorched Earth.

Scorched Earth is one of the really old DOS games that wouldn't run anymore after the release of Windows 95. You could play it with an emulator and MoSlow, but the graphics are out of date anyway, and the game had some bugs that were imposible not to exploit against each other once you found them.

That's why I play... I'm not sure why anyone would play who is too young to remember Scorched Earth. I would think that it would be kind of boring if you weren't already a fan of the Angle-Velocity genre... If you can even call it a genre.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I play fairly regularly...username is shwaip
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited May 2004
    Prime-

It's one of those games that sounds retarded (can I still say that???) until you play it. I guess it's like Worms, even tho I have never seen Worms going.

It is deceptively simple LOOKING, until you try to account for: three different shot types per launcher, a dozen or so different launchers that each act differently, wind that changes every two or three minutes, A giant laser that pops in once and a while and drills the same spot your shot hit,and the upgrades you buy with the money you won pounding the hell out of people can help you pound more hell out people the next round. Lotsa strategy as you have to recharge after each shot, so the shot you use on one guy can be different than the next guy as one can reload quicker. There are a dozen different maps with varying terrain, so you have to be careful where you shoot, or you can hammer your teammate. Plus you can switch launchers after every game.

OH the best part is that it is absolutely FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. No server charges, no CD to buy, just download the game log in and shoot aaway!! Try it for a week. You'll either love it or hate it.

PS my handle is mulcahey...I kinda have a Phishy thing going on in my life...

For you GB-ers this will make you laugh- I got my brother going on this game and within 5 days he had 50K gold and 800 points, 16 days later he was a silver axe...but then 5 hrs a day will get you there, eh?

Sorry for the typos- my zonealarm is going nuts over that dang messenger program and I can't turn it off...
  • edited June 2004
    edited

....please don't post links to hack sites....
  • edited June 2004
    I used to play it alot. I had the full set (chief hair, golden mace, golden armor, pet 01) but I got so bored that I sold it all off and just bought things I actually liked on my new account.

Accounts-

XxCronoxX
    CronoGraal <-- I use this one now.

GB is very boring now, hackers are on the loose and people are all from singapore. (no offense but I hate singlish too much)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    I've played a few times. It's one of the few mutiplayer games that will play on the graphics card in my current notebook.
    edited June 2004
    Crono wrote:
    GB is very boring now, hackers are on the loose and people are all from singapore.

Ya, it's been getting steadily less fun because of the other users. I hope it turns around...

At least it's still fun when I play against somebody I already know.
  • mewashere03mewashere03 Michigan
    edited June 2004
    I did play GB a lot my friends got me into it.... but after awhile it got boring.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited June 2004
    I must admit- in retrospect, the almost had more fun before I realized that the avatars actually affected gameplay. I only bought the radar dish 'cause it looked cool!! Now that I actually apply long-term strategy I find myself playing way more conservatively...