Who are you?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Welcome Mark and Zero1!
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited July 2004
    Hello all!

I joined the team a few days ago and have processed a few WUs on my home computer. Talking to family and friends about folding trying to get them to join with us. I've got one more computer at home I'm going to set up after I read about how to set up a second computer under my name.

Info about me:

Name: Chip Atkinson

Occupation: Program Manager for the Air Force Audit Agency responsible for air and space operations audits

Family: Married with seven children (six daughters and one son) and one granddaugther :celebrate

Hobbies: Sports, fishing, playing spades and canasta,
    edited July 2004
    Alright, Chip! Another... um, 'mature' guy! You're in good company: Tex, Leonardo, Muddoktor, John_D - all in the 40's club, just for starters.

Edit, for adding left out aged, wisened ones:
    Edcentric
    MrBill
    Profdlp
    Csimon
    Bothered
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2004
    Thanks, Leo. I know I don't look my age. :D

(45 last May) :zombie:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    Alright, Chip! Another... um, 'mature' guy! You're in good company: Tex, Leonardo, Muddoktor, John_D - all in the 40's club, just for starters.

And they are the "Younger Mature" guys, lol.

Me, i'm 57. (57 yrs young that is). :-/
    edited July 2004
    Welcome all...........Great to see the intro's happening. :thumbsup:

Where about in Oz are you from Mark? We are in Perth.
    edited July 2004
    Must be something in the air Down Under. They have a dog in OZ who's going to be 27 next month.

arf arf! :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    HAY HAY WHADDABOUT ME??? I"M IN THE OLDFARTS CLUB TOO!!! just not as high up as you guys! ;D 45
    edited July 2004
    OOH, just itchin' for the ribbin':
    Me, i'm 57. (57 yrs young that is).
    And doesn't look a day older!
    (45 last May)
    Still got me beat, ha ha!
    HAY HAY WHADDABOUT ME??? I"M IN THE OLDFARTS CLUB TOO!!! just not as high up as you guys! 45
    Aha! Someone else to carry the banner! "You guys"? Ha! I'm one of the younger, older guys. (43) :rolleyes:
    edited July 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    OOH, just itchin' for the ribbin':

And doesn't look a day older!
    Still got me beat, ha ha!

Aha! Someone else to carry the banner! You guys? Ha! I'm one of the younger, older guys. (43)

Guess that makes you just a pup, Leo. :)

Would that be a Rotweiler pup? ;D;D
    edited July 2004
    Guess that makes you just a pup, Leo.
    20 years ago, I would have considered that condescending! ;D;D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    Whew, still to young for the "Old Farts club" (38)

Thanks guys, I feel better.
    edited July 2004
    We'll be glad to mentor you! :eek2:
    edited July 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    20 years ago, I would have considered that condescending! ;D;D

Condescending!...................Who ME???????????? ;D;D
    edited July 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    We'll be glad to mentor you! :eek2:
    Yeah. Just for starters:

1) Hike your pants up so your belt is just below your armpits
    2) Hem the cuffs so the pantleg ends midway between the knee and ankle
    3) Wear sandals over thin black nylon socks
    4) Let your ear and nose hair grow to extravagant length
    5) Buy a hat and wear it
    6) Drive down a major highway in the left lane at half the speed limit
    7) Make sure your turn signal remains on for 45 miles but never change lanes
    8) Smoke cigars in public places and act surprised when someone objects
    9) Complain about the government but vote a straight party ticket in every election
    10) Use words like "whippersnapper" and "hooligan" in your everyday conversation
    11) Go to McDonalds every morning, buy a Senior Discount coffee, and read discarded newspapers for several hours
    12) Complain about how new technology (like 8-Track Tapes and TV Remotes) is "just too hard to figure out"

There is much more, of course, but master the above tips and you're well on your way.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    Prof, you hooligan, Number 6 should be 'drive in the right lane' for UK residents. If I could figure this damn PC out I'd send you one of those emaily things to complain.
    Whippersnappers. Anyway, I'm off to work now, where's me hat?
    edited July 2004
    bothered wrote:
    Prof, you hooligan, Number 6 should be 'drive in the right lane' for UK residents. If I could figure this damn PC out I'd send you one of those emaily things to complain.
    Whippersnappers. Anyway, I'm off to work now, where's me hat?

In Oz, we have the same.....slow traffic in the left, overtaking in the right.

And yes, our steering wheels are on the right hand side. :)
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Well I guess I have the proper credentials for the "new" (old) club. 46 next month. However......I refuse to growup! I have heard my 15 year old daughter on many occasions say things like "Dad ? are you ever gonna grow up? or just plain "Grow up " I take it as a compliment !

Scott
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    scott wrote:
    Well I guess I have the proper credentials for the "new" (old) club. 46 next month. However......I refuse to growup! I have heard my 15 year old daughter on many occasions say things like "Dad ? are you ever gonna grow up? or just plain "Grow up " I take it as a compliment !

Scott

That's the highest compliment she can pay you! :Rocker:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    Yeah. Just for starters:

1) Hike your pants up so your belt is just below your armpits
    2) Hem the cuffs so the pantleg ends midway between the knee and ankle
    3) Wear sandals over thin black nylon socks
    4) Let your ear and nose hair grow to extravagant length
    5) Buy a hat and wear it
    6) Drive down a major highway in the left lane at half the speed limit
    7) Make sure your turn signal remains on for 45 miles but never change lanes
    8) Smoke cigars in public places and act surprised when someone objects
    9) Complain about the government but vote a straight party ticket in every election
    10) Use words like "whippersnapper" and "hooligan" in your everyday conversation
    11) Go to McDonalds every morning, buy a Senior Discount coffee, and read discarded newspapers for several hours
    12) Complain about how new technology (like 8-Track Tapes and TV Remotes) is "just too hard to figure out"

There is much more, of course, but master the above tips and you're well on your way.

Damn! I'm already well on my way. :eek2:
  • edited July 2004
    Hi,

Have loitered around here long enough, thought i would make myself useful and have joined up.

I'm 27, married, no kids and i'm a tech support engineer for a VC company in the UK
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    Hi Dreamscape, welcome to fun house.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2004
    *mad house ;)
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited July 2004
    Welcome Dreamscape!! :celebrate
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited July 2004
    Welcome, I have not been around long myself but they are a friendly bunch here most of the time ;D

Nice to see more Brits! :ukflag:

welshwave.gif
    edited July 2004
    PressX wrote:

Nice to see more Brits! :ukflag:

welshwave.gif

Brits, eh...........We call them Poms, hehe. ;D;D

Oh, welcome Dreamscape. :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    Welcome Dreamscape :wave:

:celebrate
    edited July 2004
    Welcome! We may be predominately North American here, but our primary culture is computer technology!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Welcome!!!
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited July 2004
    I'll go next, I guess...

I am 34, and live in the City of Lakes, Dartmouth Nova Scotia (That is like Brooklyn to Manhattan). The "City of Lakes" because there are 22 natural, fresh-water SWIMMABLE lakes within the city limits...and 400 000 hills LOL

I work for a wholesale paper merchant, selling everything from basic copy paper to stuff only a politician spending our tax dollars would buy. I like my job, but I love my wife and 2-year-old daughter. I like to pass time by playing FPS's, playing guitar, and reading. What I would love to do when I start making serious money is building replica planes like a Fokker Dr.I that actually fly, if anyone else does that I applaud you!

I am a Phishhead, so most of my nicknames revolve around their music. I love music in general, but tend to gravitate more towards bands that actually play instruments, so don't ever expect to see a Celine Dion CD in my stereo. I love computers, but I have no formal training in them, unless you count 1 half-year course in Pascal in 2nd-year University. It was fun, but fraternity life soon eclipsed making balloons go in and out on-screen...

I found this site while trying to get rid of Omegasearch, and I must say- you guys have your sh...t together. Also I find the folding cause admirable.

Gobd- if you are that open-minded about tunes, give Gov't Mule a listen...