Welcome Guyute,

:Rocker:
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited July 2004
    Welcome Guyute!
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited July 2004
    Welcome Guyute!!

Well..i guess i will go next.. even tho i have been here forever.. lol...
    i dont really remember if i did one or not... lol

My real name is Diego Diaz i live in Pasco, WA here in the old USA.

I dont have a job. well.. not at the moment thank god... I am a Highschool student during the year and i hate every minute of it.

My Hobbies are mostly computer related... i love computers, video games and the biggest. Anime. i love all kinds of anime. i have seen alot and watch alot. i also like Manga alot aswell... im trying to stop being so addicted to my PC.. cause its killing me... lol

The people i usually talk to on SM is MadMatt Geeky and gibbonsl, i am also one of the news posters on sm.. (i feel so priveleged!) im gonna try and shoot for a mod sooner or later.. but i dunno...heh...

all in all im a pretty nice guy, and try to be most of the time... unless someone angers me... then you cant shut me up... heh... but i dont like making enemies just friends! heh.

i listen to all kinds of music. i especially like older music from the 1980s and 90s alot of this newer stuff just doesnt cut it.. (unless its emo heh..)

well i guess thats enough about me... i could go on about myself forever..

;D:thumbsup:
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited July 2004
    Welcome guys
    entr0py wrote:
    *mad house ;)

Don't get me started on that one. :D:mean::rarr:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Hey guys -

My name, too, is Matt. Right now I'm living in Houston, going to school in Austin. Came from Massachusetts back in the day. I'm technically a junior in college but I'm going into my second year. I'm majoring in Biomedical Engineering, which is kind of a default choice because I wanted to go to medical school but I love tearing things apart and putting them back together (most of the time in better condition than they were). That's really all there is about me. I got some awesome help from some of you guys a few days ago because a friend referred me here and I thought the Folding Project was way too good a cause to just skip over. I used to do the SETI@Home project a while ago and then quit cuz my laptop couldn't handle it running in the background all the time, but I could think of no better use for my new desktop than to work towards a cure by analyzing proteins. Plus they're really cool to look at. :) Thanks for showing me this!
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    My real name is Matt Hallock, I've actually been folding with you guys for a year or more now, but under Thrax's name. As of today I created my own account.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Nomad wrote:
    My real name is Matt Hallock, I've actually been folding with you guys for a year or more now, but under Thrax's name. As of today I created my own account.

Good onya Matt. About time thrax did it without your help, lol. ;D

I'm sure you will now have another reason to argue about. :thumbsup:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I like how online, we argue all the time for fun, but in real life, we don't at all.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Yep, in real life, there are pretty much 0 arguments.
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    I don't want to be impolite, so I think I should introduce myself. You have cured me of my problems (OMEGASEARCH) - but I will admit I don't know anything about most of the posts on this site!

I am another "old" one - 40 - but never felt better! I am married (14 yrs) with a 6 yr old son. My husband is an engineer, but if there is a problem with the computer, I am the one to fix it...

I have a master's in psychology but am currently employed as "mom". Devoted the past few years to raising my son and now am "rediscovering" myself - I love to draw and paint, swimming, yoga, gardenin, playing piano and devote lots of volunteer time at school. I know - yawn...let's see, what would you find interesting - I like Guinness???

I hope I can find some ways to contribute here! I can hardly believe there is something as simple as folding that can help so much. Thank you for showing me how.

stacy
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Gald you were able to get rid of OmegaSearch. Stick around, there is endless knowledge here.:)
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited August 2004
    stacy3 wrote:
    I don't want to be impolite, so I think I should introduce myself. stacy

Welcome to the forum stacy :thumbsup:
    Nice to see another female added to the members list :celebrate
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    welcome to the party
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    thanks for your earlier help mmonnin and thanks for the welcome Trinity and ][V][Agic.

Question for all of you. I patiently waited and today finished my first Work Unit. (As shown when I double click on the red "cog" on my taskbar. However, when I right click on it and ask for team statistics, I am nowhere to be seen...The double click shows stacy3 on team 93, but I am wondering if I have done something wrong and want to be sure that my "ONE" work unit (lol) is credited to the right team...Any advice?
    stacy
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    It'll take a little while to show up after you turn in a work unit. You should see yourself listed with the team later today or tomarrow.

Welcome to the team :)
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    thanks - another simple to answer ? for all of you. I have a relative with a computer - on all the time - cable connected - can I sign her up under my name to give myself a boost? Any specific instructions?

We both have inherited hypothyroidism (possess antithyroid antibodies) and I am a melanoma survivor. My interest is not solely personal though...what a great cause.

stacy
    edited August 2004
    Here ya go. Rank 613. :thumbsup:

http://www.foldingatwork.com/team.jsp?teamID=93

Though this is not the right place for this type of post, keep an eye on these.

http://www.short-media.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Jon
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Sure, all you do is install folding on your friend's computer and make sure that your name and team number are set up the same as on your computer. Once your name shows up on Stanford's stats page, you'll see that you have two processors folding under your name :D
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    stacy3 wrote:
    I am another "old" one - 40 - but never felt better!

Hi stacy3, sorry but to be an 'old' one you have to be around 80. There are a few of us here over 50 who haven't even peaked yet! :)
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited August 2004
    TCITH - Ian, From Sydney Australia - I tinker with computers here and there - I, stumbled into short-media a couple of days ago when searching for a possible cause to my laptop shutdown on google and found the exact solution (dust in the heatsink) here, then browsed the site and here I am folding away.

I like it here and I think I might stay awhile - 25% through my 1st unit
    I might throw it on some of my idle machines as well

cheers
  • edited August 2004
    Hell, while you're at it, throw it on ALL your idle machines. Glad to have you here tcith :)

KingFish
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited August 2004
    tcith wrote:
    TCITH - Ian, From Sydney Australia - I tinker with computers here and there -
    I like it here and I think I might stay awhile - 25% through my 1st unit
    I might throw it on some of my idle machines as well

cheers
    Nice to have you with us tcith - I bought more machines just for folding here. :thumbsup: Jack
    edited August 2004
    O.K it's on all seven of my Machines
    I have no more "idle" ones :rockon:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2004
    The Australian cadre grows even larger. :)

Measuring points Per Capita, they may be tops on Team 93. :thumbsup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7435&stc=1
    :celebrate
    edited August 2004
    There is only 22 million of us but we come out of every nook and crany at every chance we get
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Wow, we might have to ditch one of the owners and take on an Australian partner ;D

(FYI, tcith: There are three owners of this site, one is Canadian, one is British, and one American)

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2004
    Maybe The Great Triumvirate could become the Fab Four (oops, it's been done...)

Check out #15 dancer89 and #17 JonsHandbrake and The Handbrake's husband, #311 dragonV8 - all relatively new members with awesome production.

With all the rigs you're bringing aboard you'll be up there in no time. :)
    edited August 2004
    Wow, we might have to ditch one of the owners and take on an Australian partner ;D

(FYI, tcith: There are three owners of this site, one is Canadian, one is British, and one American)

Turn this is a colonies only site? Americans, Canadians and Australians all moving away from the Brits?

It's been happening in the real world. so why not cyberspace as well .....

Rule Britania? :ukflag:
    edited August 2004
    Pleased to meet you tcith. Always good to see another Aussie at Short-Media. :thumbsup:

Great you joined the team too. Late Jan of early feb, i started folding with one P4 2.4 Laptop. Next the "Handbrake" threw her P4 3.2 desktop into the fold.

From there it progressed to 11 computers, mostly P4's able to Hyper Thread.
    The HT machines are able to do 2x WU's at the time. Doesn't produce twice as much, though does improve the amount of WU's done, hence more points for the TEam and the Aussies. w00t.

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie....Oi, Oi, Oi.

Jon And Sally
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    tcith wrote:
    Turn this is a colonies only site? Americans, Canadians and Australians all moving away from the Brits? It's been happening in the real world. so why not cyberspace as well .....
    Rule Britania? :ukflag:

Well every parent likes to see their children leave the nest, fly my children, fly.

Welcome tcith, We need an Aussie smilie now for sure.