Folding sigs...idea

LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
We've seen lots of custom folding sigs around lately, well, we did before IC went down. Pictures with the stats displayed in them and what not. Why not take it a step farther? Have a little design/photo contest or something, throw up a bunch of ideas for a new sig, or series of new sigs, to use?

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    LawnMM said
    We've seen lots of custom folding sigs around lately, well, we did before IC went down. Pictures with the stats displayed in them and what not. Why not take it a step farther? Have a little design/photo contest or something, throw up a bunch of ideas for a new sig, or series of new sigs, to use?

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?
    We need new sigs, and we need new banners as well. Hopefully the two will match in some way:)

Well I guess we'll do it here, then! :D Let's see those entries... :cool:
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Was goofin around earlier in photoshop...

sm1.jpg
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I am not artist so dont expect anything from me.

We need banners to go our team page at stanford and the team page that will be coming up.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    I am not artist so dont expect anything from me.

We need banners to go our team page at stanford and the team page that will be coming up.

A set of dimensions would be good, so anybody interested in taking a stab at it had some guidelines to adhere to.
    edited June 2003
    Oh dude, for a first attempt, that was really sweet!

thoughts: less free space around the words... like trim it down slightly I guess; and maybe make "shorty" aqua (like the far right) or something so it doesn't get lost in the effect.

Awesome! :)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    General Keebler said
    Oh dude, for a first attempt, that was really sweet!

thoughts: less free space around the words... like trim it down slightly I guess; and maybe make "shorty" aqua (like the far right) or something so it doesn't get lost in the effect.

Awesome! :)

I'll trim it a bit, I tried making shorty aqua but it didn't look as good.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Here we go, condensed it a bit and found a way to keep the "short" from getting lost in the effect. Again, a set of dimensions to work off of would be good.

sm2.jpg
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Another revision, trying to hit closer to home on the colors. Unfortunately the filter won't let me enter the color code numerically, I have to do it by sight :(

sm3.jpg
  • ZorkiZorki Sasebo, Japan
    edited June 2003
    I'll see what I can come up with. :)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Zorki said
    I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Sweet! I was beginning to think I was gonna be on my own! :eek:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Great start Lawn, add Team to it and we have the first short-media folding sig.:)

I wish I was better with photoshop and similar programs, who knows, maybe I'll surprise.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    Great start Lawn, add Team to it and we have the first short-media folding sig.:)

I wish I was better with photoshop and similar programs, who knows, maybe I'll surprise.

Will do.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Your wish is my command...:D

sm4.jpg

I was thinking put the name and stats on both sides of "folding team" on the bottom...put the folder name on the left, score on the right, something like that.

I'd take it all the way if somebody wants to explain or point me towards a tutorial for how to impliment the stats into the pic...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Lawn :)

I got the exact colour codes here. Drop me an email to my addy (you should have it) and Il send you them.

Looking good.. Im about to start doing things towards the team site.. so this is a good start!
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    Lawn :)

I got the exact colour codes here. Drop me an email to my addy (you should have it) and Il send you them.

Looking good.. Im about to start doing things towards the team site.. so this is a good start!

Heh, I know bro...what I'm saying is, the photoshop filter uses a color palette, it won't let me use RGB or CMYK codes for color, I have to eyeball it.

There's an easy photoshop trick to finding the color codes I could have used, it just does me no good, damn filter...you'd think the "number one photoshop filter" would use color codes :(

I know you've made some custom folding sigs though, so I am gonna email yah about that :D
    edited June 2003
    [eyes get wide] whoooooaaa.... coooooooool.....

likin' that banner, Lawn :cool:
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    I aim to please :)

I'm thinkin this first one here might make a nice stanford banner. I wanna come up with somethin a little more compressed and space efficient for a sig...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    I'll make an offering. The dark green area is for code if anyone can figure that out.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Looks good MM! I think we're on a roll!
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    You inspired me. You know what it does need though? Some sort of background to blend into the light green. I need some sort of protein or folding image that is "larger than life" and looks "techy".

I can work more on it later.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    What kind of folding slogans do we have? "Folding for a cure"? Toss em out...tryin to come up with somethin spiffy lookin'
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    MediaMan said
    I'll make an offering. The dark green area is for code if anyone can figure that out.

lsevald is on the code :)

I will nick that banner for the team site if that is ok with everyone?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    My two cents... MediaMan's is a more professional/ Advertising company design (Very nice). LawnMM is more futuristic and tecky.... I guess the choice is between mainstream Professional or cutting edge techy...
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Gimme a min to mess with mine a bit more...
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited June 2003
    im making one :P
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited June 2003
    and as soon as i say that i finish... :P

anyways its not too great i just messed with the header graphic a bit, but i like it :)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    I think this is a bit cleaner looking and more stanford banner worthy...

Naturally the choice is up to you, just from my perspective it gets better and better the more I screw with it :cool:

I think I could look back at this one with pride for a long time though...

sm5.jpg

The thing I didn't like about the last revision was how seperated the two different erm, light waves, were...doesn't look as good. This way they're more blended, looks more futuristic and sweet lookin, IMO anyways.

Still...a slogan would be a nice touch? I can add that easy I just need some ideas for one.
    edited June 2003
    I still happen to have this banner from Icrontic if anyone wants to change the name. Sev made it.

These can all go into the sig generator for later use. I am saving them all.;)
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited June 2003
    should i remove the extra text so itll be blank ready to use?
    edited June 2003
    Do w/e you want with it. Replace it with something else or remove Icrontic.