Coming Soon: Sig Generator and Reliable Milestones

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
I'm hacking Lasse's code to get it to work again. If I may be so bold and optimistic, I will write "by the end of the week" in the sand :cool:

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sweet. Good going, Keebs!
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    Cool, I assume this will be on the www.teamshort-media.com link?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sweet!!! It would be wicked to eventually get the V2 sig generator that Lasse has started but just to get the old one working for now would be a great accomplishment. Awesome job keebs!:cool:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Well where's the code for V2? I can't actually make one on my own... yet. I'm just tweaking the code. As you can see in my sig, I have the old one working again.

Is anyone having trouble loading threads with it in? I don't think my server can keep up with the load. :(
    edited July 2003
    General Keebler said
    Is anyone having trouble loading threads with it in? I don't think my server can keep up with the load. :(

Yes, its causing threads to load much slower with it in than a thread that doesn't have it in.
    edited July 2003
    I'm not sure if it's the sig or the network here where I am but it took about 15 secs for this page to load before replying.

I am still waiting to hear back from lsevald about V2.

We could try loading this stuff from the dev server if it's your campus server that is slowing things.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    I had to refresh this thread to get it to load.
    edited July 2003
    Yeah, I nuked the sig now :( Oh well, at least I know it worked.
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    awesome keebs... i'll be looking forward to the "official sig generator" even though park's is doing wonderful for everyone now
    edited July 2003
    I'll probably turn park's design into one of the defaults. Maybe the only default for a bit :p I just am going for running by the weekend ;)
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    i see no problem with parks...i saw u make that the official...i mean its perfect
    edited July 2003
    Park's setup is fantastic WuG but if we can get V2 working it'll blow you away.:cool:
    edited July 2003
    Does Park have a generator set up? If so, could I get a link? I must've missed it. I have Park's code now so I'll look into that option as well.

TBonZ: me need V2 code / documentation to do anything about it at all. A link to a mockup site or something even? PM me if you can get it.
    edited July 2003
    Theoretically:

Milestone notification system is operational again!
    Ye Olde Sig Generator is working!

I'm just waiting for word on whether there is a prob with Stanford stats, or if the bloody thing just won't update for some reason. Last bug! :D
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Nice one :)
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Cool - I'm loving the little stars above the Sig again!!
    edited July 2003
    Yeah, that is cool, I do like the cogs/stars above the sig
    edited July 2003
    Sig looks real nice keebs

Not to sound impatient, but when do you expect to be able to make the sig generator available to the S-M family?
    edited July 2003
    I expect to do it Monday, that's when all the admins will be back and I can get access to upload the code, etc. Consider it just more time for me to tweak :cool2:

I was going to start it with only 2 backgrounds/sizes, but hopefully I will be able to hack out the other old backgrounds and add some new ones as well by then :)
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    Awesome job Keebs!! I know you worked really hard to get the generator, the sigs, and the milestone notification working again.

/me pats keebs on the back for a job well done

~FA
    edited July 2003
    FoldingAddict said
    * FoldingAddict pats keebs on the back for a job well done

~FA

Me too, you really picked up the ball on this one bud, FANTASTIC JOB!!!:thumbsup:
    edited July 2003
    Way to go keebs, we all appreciate the great work you are doing!
    edited July 2003
    Thanks guys :)
    edited July 2003
    :(

The site borked last night because of a hiccup in the sig system. It could be a bit longer before it goes into full use.

If you found the generator and are using a sig, please remove it until I can find the source. I think it was just something small that never should have logically happened, but I can't be crashing the place, now can I? :( Sorry guys, I promise it will be up ASAP.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    No problem Keebler... Don't pull a Microsoft and release something that will, no doubt, crash many things.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    QCH2002 said
    No problem Keebler... Don't pull a Microsoft and release something that will, no doubt, crash many things.

im with QCH on this one...there is no need to hurry...we have a noice sig gen right now..thnx to park. So its no biggy....just chill and keep the codes flowing
  • CoolrunrCoolrunr Kansas
    edited July 2003
    FoldingAddict said
    ...and the milestone notification working again.

I'll have to take credit for that one, assuming he is using the one I wrote. :)
    edited July 2003
    Right then, it was running on Lasse's code. There are a lot of different issues that need to be resolved so it's still up in the air what system I go with.

/me is going to have long night

Thanks again for the help, coolrunr :)
  • CoolrunrCoolrunr Kansas
    edited July 2003
    Don't forget to sleep!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Take your time Keebler. It can wait til its perfect. We know you bustin ass on this and we appreciate it.