Saitek

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited July 2003 in Gaming
Does anybody use a Saitek gamepad? (p3000) If so how do you set a combined key stroke? I've read the manual and it says you can but it always enters them as single key presses.
Thanks,

bothered.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I don't even want to know what you're doing up at this hour.....
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    I have no clue as to your exact situation, but a guess is that maybe you have to hold down shift or some other hotkey while doing something with the gamepad in order for a combo to be entered properly. Just a thought.;)

~FA
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    As far as I know, doesnt this have to be done like the MS software where you install one of their programs and it basically maps them like Macros, but you need the software installed, and the software only works in 9x (have to use the default driver in NT and it sucks).

NS
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2003
    I have the software installed, If you go to profile editor you get a screen with all the buttons down one side and on the right you simply press the key(s) you want for that button. With the Microsoft gamepad if you press up and left together it shows as up + left, With the Saitek it shows two seperate keys but the manual says you can have a combined key,ie one button with up and left on it. This is what I can't get.

bothered.

ps Primesuspect, Getting ready for work. I allways pop in before I toodle off.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2003
    It's ok, I sorted it. You have to tell it to 'let go' of the other directions. UT anybody?

bothered.