Switch from Graphical client to Console...

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
I want to convert my two PCs over from the Graphical Client to the Console with firedaemon to run it as a service. How do I go about doing this without losing the work I've already done? I intend to download 3.25 beta so that I can use SSE on my Athlons if that makes the answer any different...

:fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited July 2003
    Rob...

Just dump the Console exe in the same folder you have the graphical client in and away you go!
    Follow THIS guide to get it all set up correctly and don't forget to add the -advmethods and -forceasm arguments, in addition to -service, when setting it up in firedaemon. ;)

:fold::thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Thanks for the help... but you know I'll be trying to catch up to YOU! :werr:

:fold:
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited July 2003
    GHoosdum said
    Thanks for the help... but you know I'll be trying to catch up to YOU!

And you might be caught up sooner than you think! I'm heading out of town on a camping trip this thursday, leaving my folding computer by it's lonesome with crossed fingers. :p One power outtage and it's a few days till I can get 'er back up again.
    On top of that, my other two folding rigs are gonna have a little downtime themselves so do me a favour and try not to pull too far ahead. :D

:fold::rockon::fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Aw, c'mon... you're making it too easy on me! :hair: :sad2:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Its prolly best to try it when its done with a WU to make sure. Cause the GUI actually installs and stuff. The console....just runs. Thats it. You should prolly uninstall it. I would copy the work folder and queue.