Halo & Halo 2

WereWolf_DudeWereWolf_Dude Washington
edited January 2005 in Gaming
Well first I was wondering if anyone knew any real cheats for halo??? I already beat it and all but I still can't get enough of it. Is there even cheats for halo? I'm jealous of the people that have Xbox Live, its not fair that you have to have cable or dsl and a lot of them are playing halo 2 as we speak and it sounds so fun going head on against other halo fans. I can understand that us dial up poeple would slow it down but still not everyone has the money for dsl. Plus I live out in the stix so I can't get either dsl or cable. Oh well. Anyways, so has anyone else seen the ten min preview of Halo 2???

Comments

• JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    There really are no cheats for Halo. Sux I know but that is the truth. Everything I have seen of Halo 2 looks kinda choppy and unpolished but I am sure that by the time it rolls out, it will be even better than the first. I just want to see it on PC, I played the Xbox and PC version of the original and I have to say, the PC version looks WAYYYYYY better...
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Justin wrote:
    the PC version looks WAYYYYYY better...

Unfortunately it doesn't play as nice as it looks.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Justin wrote:
    There really are no cheats for Halo. Sux I know but that is the truth. Everything I have seen of Halo 2 looks kinda choppy and unpolished but I am sure that by the time it rolls out, it will be even better than the first. I just want to see it on PC, I played the Xbox and PC version of the original and I have to say, the PC version looks WAYYYYYY better...

Have you not seen the recent stuff? This year's E3 showed gameplay on one of the multiplayer maps. It looked very good to me.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    You have.. Bad taste in consoles. Please turn off your console and your television.
    edited August 2004
    Who?
  • WereWolf_DudeWereWolf_Dude Washington
    edited August 2004
    The ten min preview I have looks great to me, but it could just be me. Anyways, I wouldn't be able to stand playing halo on the computer. I need a controler and a trigger to kill. Besides the computer screen is a lot smaller then the tv's. And what do you mean Thrax?! Bad taste?! I traded my PS2 in for an Xbox. I wanted the Xbox in the first place, plus Xbox loads faster. They need to add another feature in halo 2, play your own music. I mean the music is great in the game and i really like the guitar solo but still i mean its not the music i prefer to kill to.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    I don't even see that there could be an argument for games looking better on a console. The math just dosen't work out. This is not to say that console games don't look good, some amazing things are being done with them (ex. Ninja Gaiden) but, as for comsole vs. PC, PC will always prevail. As for the screen issue, Projectors can do some amazing things, plus, TV resolution SUX and you sit closer to a PC screen than you do a TV, I hope... :cool:
  • Zero1Zero1 Independence, MO
    edited August 2004
    Bah I don't tend to mess with consoles anymore seeing as they are becoming more like PC everytime one is made :D.

As for Halo, I got it for computer (christmas) it's not to bad, the extra weapons though you don't get to use them in single player add some freshness to the game, along with being able to customize an entire multiplayer game (xbox didn't have such a feature :bawling: ). Though after just finishing a game of Ut 2004 you can tell there is a major slow down everything on Halo is very slow its sad.

I have high hopes for Halo 2 on Xbox as well as PC, but let's hope it can deliver the impact that Halo gave.
    edited August 2004
    I've always been a console gamer. Though I play a lot of games on the PC, I still stick with consoles. I just feel more comfortable when I play a console game.
  • WereWolf_DudeWereWolf_Dude Washington
    edited August 2004
    Same here, i just need a controler and a comfy chair with a big screen.:)
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2004
    Consoles are *only* good for RPGs, and that's where those games should stay. I love RPGs, but I don't think they're cut out for computers...

As for console taste, I couldn't agree more :D Xbox = sh*t ... Gamecube = the sh*t :D;)
    edited August 2004
    Well, I quite enjoy my XBox, as well as my GameCube. I also have a PS2 for things such as Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry. I'm not a fan of any one system in particular, as I like many games from all of them.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    I like the fact that GC is using ATI for their graphics but wait, so do PCs... The newest prospective specs for next gen consoles look like...PCs. Maybe there is a trend developing here... I would like to see cross compatibility between Consoles and PCs (Final Fantasy XI could pave the way for this) And I would think that a company like Microsoft could make that a reality but they don't even want the next Xbox to have backwards compatibility. I guess greed is just in human nature and there is an argument for the humanity of Microsoft somewhere... maybe.... :cool:
    edited August 2004
    It would be very cool to see that happen.

Another reason I like consoles. They're MADE to play games. You pop in a game, it works. Sometimes you have a lot of issues with computers trying to play certain games. Most of the time they're fixable, but how much time do you waste getting the problem resolved?
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    None if you keep the unit properly maintained. True, consoles do have a potential convienience advantage but really, which is more important, depth of gameplay, or convienience? Maybe we can get a poll on this issue? Console VS. PC?
    edited August 2004
    What does depth of gameplay have to do with it being on a PC or console?

And no poll is really necessary. not on a tech forum like this. You're going to definitely have a majority in the PC gaming.

Also, I know many people who properly maintain their computers but have had issues with games running. I'm sure most here have had trouble at one time or another.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    I guess I just feel like there is a much deeper pool of games to choose from as far as PC is concerened. With the exception of Xenosaga (80+hours...GAWD!!!) I just haven't been roped into hours of console play like I have been into PC. But then I guess I do alot more at my PC than just play games. Perhaps I should retract my previous statement... And yes, PCs do have WAYYYYYYYYYY more issues than consoles, without question. Hell, I found this site because I was having issues with my PC... I will cescede to the distinguished gentleman from Temple Terrace, FL on the issue of PC vs. Console. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2004
    Hehe. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I understand it's a matter of preference. I just hate to see the consoles getting bashed. Maybe it's how you began your gaming career, or who even knows. But I've always been an avid console gamer, and no matter how hard I try, there's no way I could pul myself away from using a console. :)
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    True, I started with Mario and Duck Hunt ( on seperate carts by the way) and never looked back. Contra got me hooked though. There is just something about the simplicity of up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start that will always strike a chord with me. :topic: here but, who knows where this code comes from: 007-373-5963.. You could win a prize if you guess it.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2004
    Mike Tyson's PunchOut

Tyson stage
    If you want to challenge the master, (Tyson), enter this password at the title screen under the continue option: 007 373 5963.

Google is your friend :thumbsup:
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Justin wrote:
    True, I started with Mario and Duck Hunt ( on seperate carts by the way) and never looked back. Contra got me hooked though. There is just something about the simplicity of up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start that will always strike a chord with me. :topic: here but, who knows where this code comes from: 007-373-5963.. You could win a prize if you guess it.

mike tyson's punch out. and i didn't need to use google btw, i just remember it from like 18 yrs. ago. i'm getting old.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    You both have won the prize of my undying respect as an old skool gamer from the 8-bit NES days. I don't know whay that came back to me, probably just recalling the Konami code triggered it. I guess I am getting old too...
  • edited January 2005
    does anyone noes how to put the deamm screen in horizontal instead of vertical one?