New CPU on order!

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Your order is at step 4 of 5: has been packed is ready for shipping.

So Newegg says about my Barton 2500+. :vimp: I can't wait until it arrives and I can OC it to 3200+ speeds... I'm foldin' at ya! :fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Ooh, good luck. I've got the same CPU and same board as you, and they OC nicely. I just had to back mine off because my appartment gets hot hot hot in the summer.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    What do you have FSB/multi at on yours? My board is a 1.04 revision, soon to get the latest BIOS for the XP3200+ ;).
  • edited July 2003
    GHoosdum, my A7N8X-Dlx is the same rev as yours and has the A2 northbridge. I'm running a 2500+ at 187 X 12.5 on my board as it isn't stable at all running a 200 fsb, no matter what multi I have selected, thus taking the overclock out of the equation. My highest stable fsb for my board is 187-188. This is with the latest bios rev also.
    edited July 2003
    It arrived via FedEx today. I will check it out and see if I can get a 200FSB... I hope I can, otherwise my next five weeks of PC savings are going toward an nF2 ultra board!
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited July 2003
    the shuttle nForce2 ultra is only $64 at newegg.com. check it out.
    edited July 2003
    I'm not too crazy about Shuttle... I was planning on getting another A7N8X-DLX board if I have to... but I'd get an nF2 Ultra one this time...
  • edited July 2003
    You can also get an NF7-S 2.0 over at excaliberpc.com for $114 including shipping. I just got one in yesterday to replace my Asus board with; that's going to be my weekend project.;) The board is damn nice and comes with a good assortment of accessories too, including a serillel adapter to put an IDE hard drive on onw of the SATA channels.
    edited July 2003
    I have the box sitting on my desk... so close yet so far away! I've got a week of exams at school now so I have no idea when I'll be able to install the Barton. Carp! :banghead:
    muddocktor said
    You can also get an NF7-S 2.0 over at excaliberpc.com for $114 including shipping. I just got one in yesterday to replace my Asus board with; that's going to be my weekend project.;) The board is damn nice and comes with a good assortment of accessories too, including a serillel adapter to put an IDE hard drive on onw of the SATA channels.

Hrm... I don't buy Abit anymore... ever since my sister's PCChips board outlived my Abit board... when the Abit was not OC'd, not undercooled, not pushed to the limit in any way. :wtf:

I only buy Asus these days. :thumbsup:

/me :respect: Asus!