Joining F@H

edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Well, I have a powerful non-dell computer now, so I think I'll start folding, because you guys have convinced me it won't hamper my system performance. I'm gonna start setting up and try to find the program to download. Hope to be folding with you shortly.

Comments

• edited July 2003
    Okay, installed, joined team 93, and im on my first WU. Nice to fold with ya.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Welcome to the team :) Let us know if you have any questions.
  • edited July 2003
    Will do. First WU 8/400. :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Welcome to the team. :fold:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    welcome to the team ion! :fold:
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    glad to you have you with us ion!
  • edited July 2003
    welcome IonF - are you running the graphical client or the text only client?
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    8/400? You don't want to be doing tinkers on a P4...

Do a search on the boards for how to apply the -advmethods flag, or if you already know how...do it! It'll really boost your production.:)

~FA
  • edited July 2003
    I have no idea what you just said :|

Currently I'm at 15/400, I guess it's the graphical client because it has a little dna strand thing spinning around
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Yes you have the graphical client. Everytime you look at that DNA stand, you slow folding down. Get the console if you dont want that, get the console.

Make a shortcut to either client. Right click-> properties-> and add -advmethods at the end of the target line. C:\fah direcory\fah exe -advmethods. Make sure to leave a space after the exe and after quotes if there are any. If you have any more Qs, just ask.

And welcome to the team.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    Glad you took the plunge - you won't regret it! :thumbsup:

mmonnin said
    Yes you have the graphical client. Everytime you look at that DNA stand, you slow folding down.

What if you're using the graphical interface, but not actively viewing the display? I have been under the impression that the console was for convenience (like remote monitoring, etc).

I'm going to have a lot more points soon if I'm wrong.:rolleyes:;)

Prof
    (The last to know...)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    profdlp said
    What if you're using the graphical interface, but not actively viewing the display?

AFAIK, if you're running the graphical client minimized, it's just as efficient as the console version.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    ^^ is correct.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    IonF welcome.... I hope to see you racking in the WU & Points.... Fold on dude, you got a Dell!!
  • edited July 2003
    No i dont :|

I had a Dell. I hated it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    QCH2002 said
    IonF welcome.... I hope to see you racking in the WU & Points.... Fold on dude, you got a Dell!!

Them's fightin' words.:vimp:

IonFizzle said
    No i dont :|

I had a Dell. I hated it.

Good taste in computers and Folding teams.:thumbsup:

Prof
  • edited July 2003
    Self built all the way man.