You guys are killing me

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Currently there are 6 ICx machines not producing crap right now. YES 6!!! 6 out of 17. Thats not very good. I know one has a viable excuse because of boot camp but the others should all be up.

Systems that are down:
IC3 - Septimus
IC5 - Trekky8472
IC8 - hotrodsun
IC10 - Shenlong (boot camp)
IC12 - Film
SM15_Folding_Frog - reelbigfish

Get em up guys. You guys promised to keep them up and inform us of problems and such. Make an effort like Necropolis did by running cable in a scorching attic. I would be glad to heat my Apartment with 5 more machines this winter.

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Come on guys. 6 down is not good :(
  • redoulentredoulent Michigan
    edited July 2003
    IC2 is seriously overclocked if that makes you feel better! :respect:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    And look who is the #1 ICx/SMx folder? IC2 the one that is always up.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited July 2003
    Chill, I am sure there are all good reason. People do actaully have lives mind you.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    We know that people have lives. Its just nice to be kept informed about the status of the machines, thats all.
    edited July 2003
    Its getting worse and worse tho. But its not that hard to keep a machine going that does nothing but fold. All it should do is sit there. And then for at least a week....
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Thanks for pointing that out. I've been working my ass off lately at my job and getting ready for school. I had overtime last week and I'm only a part-timer!

Anyway, I just checked the log and it appears it just stopped doing anything at about 5AM, July 12th. I restarted her and she's folding again.

I'll try to keep a closer eye on her from now on, but I'm moving on August 10th and can't take her with me. I'm going to have my sister take care of her. If there are any problems, I'll have to step down as the caretaker of IC5. :(

I'll pack her up and ship her to wherever necessary.

Sorry about that, guys. :banghead: :doh: <-- And I just noticed that the "D'oh" doesn't show up very well on the white background.
    edited July 2003
    You are moving to college and cant take IC5 with you? Then it would prolly be better to not let your sister take care of her.

The easiest way is to run EM3 and that will give you an error if something goes wrong.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Slick said
    Chill, I am sure there are all good reason. People do actaully have lives mind you.

We all have lives Slick but one of the requirements for hosting a box is for it to be folding 24/7, period. All host's have a responsibility to the Team with whom took the time to donate their funds and H/W to this initiative to keep them running or as already mentioned, notified of any problems the machines be having or a sudden life change with the hosts in which decisions need to be made.

Nobody should be worried about coming forward if something comes up in their life that changes things. We need to know this in order to make preparations for a new host if such is needed. We're here for you.:)

Trekky, thx for the head's up.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Don't forget 14 is down for a day or so right now too :p

As we get more and more rigs moving, it stands to reason that at any given moment more will be down than before. Right now, I think we just have a weird confluence of events going on that will pass shortly.

Get 'em up and runnin' boys! :cool:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    mmonnin said
    And look who is the #1 ICx/SMx folder? IC2 the one that is always up.

Soon the beautiful and mighty IC11 will own IC2 as well! MUHAHAHAHA!!! (around Aug 15th it looks like) :ninja:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Jeebus, Garg. What do you have running in there???
    edited July 2003
    1600+ at 1.7 or something I think.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Alright, I'm going to look into the situation when I move to college. My apartment (which will share with three other people) has an a limit on electrical costs each month. If we go over, everyone in the apartment splits the bill. I don't want to cost my roommates money every month. I'll take IC5 with me the first month and see how the electrical situation plays out. Right now, she's in my living room, so it's hard to keep track of her. My mom likes to unplug her when she's cleaning and forgets to plug her back in.

I'm going to install EM3 right now.

Also, the cooling situation for IC5 isn't that good. And it's loud as hell. I'm going to pick up an inepensive coolermaster in the next couple of days. Hopefully that will quiet the situation, and I bet it'll cool better than what's on there now.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2003
    IC1 has been doing a lot better since we got central air a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, the hosts can give an update on what's wrong. If any parts are needed, I'm sure we can find some. :)
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited July 2003
    ive talked to you mmonnin about ic12. the psu has died, and i had planned to buy a new case by that time anyways so i was going to use the psu that comes with it for ic12. well since i planned that ive had money problems and i cannot do it yet. i told mmonnin about it though :P
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2003
    I am happy to report that IC13 has gave me no problems at all, been running 24/7 since I got it. Although it has been shut down for maybe 5 hours at the most, the reason being, it isn't hooked up to a keyboard yet, and we had some thunderstorms and it got shut down at night, but was up the next morning.

Lets get all the hosted rigs up and folding guys, good job so far I might add.:thumbsup:
    edited July 2003
    OK I remember the PM. Didnt say anything until I asked about a former one I thought you had.
    edited July 2003
    IC2 is chuggin at 1916Mhz! IC11 ain't stealin no thunda from IC2!!! :wave:
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited July 2003
    IC8 is back up in her own room, when nobody will bother here:D
    edited July 2003
    redoulent said
    IC2 is chuggin at 1916Mhz! IC11 ain't stealin no thunda from IC2!!! :wave:

OMG! IC11 is only at 1614 right now. It was about 50 higher, but summer has forced me to back it off a bit.

But if I remember correctly, IC8 is clocked higher then IC11, and we had quite the battle for awhile (I think it's IC8 I'm thinking of...).

And yet, IC11 pulled it off and toppled the older, wiser machine! I think I'm going to Christen IC11 the "Micacle Maker." Heh. :) Maybe Miracle Machine. Sounds better, no?

Watch out IC2, your megahurdz will not save you!!! MUAHAHAHAHA! :ninja:
    edited July 2003
    Did I say 1917Mhz? I meant 2047 Mhz! :thumbsup:
    edited July 2003
    No you said 1916.;)
    edited July 2003
    EEP! :eek2:

I was about to post this pic of statsman, showing the upcoming ownage that IC11 shall deliver to IC2, and I noticed IC4's production has picked up! Lemme guess, that box isn't using the 1.33 T-bird anymore, is it?

No matter, I've got faith in IC11's sexy protien-folding skills! :ninja:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Gargoyle said
    EEP! :eek2:

I was about to post this pic of statsman, showing the upcoming ownage that IC11 shall deliver to IC2, and I noticed IC4's production has picked up! Lemme guess, that box isn't using the 1.33 T-bird anymore, is it?

Nope :), she's using a 1700@11x170. Let the battle- for the good of the team and mankind, but I digress- begin!
    edited July 2003
    IC2's numbers don't reflect 24x7 operation. There has been downtime. Traced to PSU flakin. Swapped the PSU for a Whisper 465 watt, no problems now!

Translation: I hope you enjoy eating IC2's dust!
    edited July 2003
    If I hadn't just paid off my credit card... then I might just have ordered this. But you two are safe for now... I intend to enjoy being debt-free for at least 15 minutes :D.

Safe from the new processor anyways. IC11 has pulled off miracles before, hehe. See you when you make it up here, IC4. :ninja: