It's.... It's DEAD!

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited July 2003 in Hardware
AAAARGH! Stupid Antec PS... So I got my dually system running with an Antec TrueControl 550. The PS just died. Well, kind of. It still works, but the fan control circuit is totally, utterly dead. The 92mm fan doesn't spin up, the 80mm fan moves so little air that I literally cannot feel it, and none of the case fans connected to the fan only leads spin up. The fan only leads put out 3.2v regardless of the fan speed setting, and the PS fan (the one that works) doesn't speed up (and I let it heat up too... booted into windows and sat for 5 minutes with virtually no airflow). So, now I have to RMA it. Grr...

Comments

• NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited July 2003
    Well, thats sad, especially when the stuff is brand new...
  • edited July 2003
    I have an Antec 430TruePower, and the fans have NEVER worked at full load on the fan-only rail.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I always thought the fan-only headers were **** anyways.

Appears I was right.
  • edited July 2003
    Well if they did work, I'd be pretty cool. Every review I read back before I got it (10 months ago) said the fan only rail idea worked great.

I suppose one day I could take the thing apart and really see what's going on. Assuming the warranty is already out of date.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    buy a new one immediatly!!!!
    WE NEED THE FOLDING POVER
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    Thrax; just out of curiosity, do you know how the fan only headers are set up? I mean, I had 5 Tt SmartFan2s on them, and I suppose that that kind of load could've killed it if it were simply a variable voltage regulator or something... I'm wondering if the case fan load may have had anything to do with it...

TheSMJ, the fan only lead is supposed to work; Antec has a 3 year warranty. I'd RMA it... also, I'd check to see if both fans are working properly, because if yours did the same thing mine did, you may be running a PS with virtually zero cooling...

WuGgaRoO... I would, but I just spent $120 on it last week... so, I'm just gonna RMA it. If the company I bought it from doesn't get back to me by tomorrow (I e-mailed them this morning) I'm just going to send it back to Antec. Then I'm going to drive up to this company's HQ and ask them how they have a 9.x rating on resellerratings when their RMA department is nonexistent...
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    I don't rely on e-mail if I need an RMA, I use the phone.

I had an Antec go bad on me . . . took the mobo, CDRW, some RAM, etc. with it.
    Geeky1 said
    WuGgaRoO... I would, but I just spent $120 on it last week... so, I'm just gonna RMA it. If the company I bought it from doesn't get back to me by tomorrow (I e-mailed them this morning) I'm just going to send it back to Antec. Then I'm going to drive up to this company's HQ and ask them how they have a 9.x rating on resellerratings when their RMA department is nonexistent...