Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2004
    Godsmack - Godsmack

Voodoo currently
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Ratt - Back for More

Was just playing Fur Elise by Beethoven on my guitar, man that's a hard song to play.....

Oh! Voodoo Chile - Hendrix just came on while I was typing this, I think the SRV version of this song is better tho, just MHO!
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited September 2004
    NoFX - The Decline

No matter how many times I hear this song, it just doesn't get old. Great music, amazing lyrics. :D
  • khankhan New
    edited September 2004
    RjD2-iced lightning.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited September 2004
    Robby- I gave the CD by GBV a listen on the way to work and while playing BF1942 yesterday- pretty inventive stuff. The album I borrowed is Mag Earwhig! It's refreshing to hear somebody use their guitar for more than just a Van Halen karaoke machine.
    edited September 2004
    I checked them out, got the Half Smiles of the Decomposed album :thumbsup: they're pretty good:D
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited September 2004
    entropy wrote:
    NoFX - The Decline

No matter how many times I hear this song, it just doesn't get old. Great music, amazing lyrics. :D

NOFX is one of the best bands iv ever heard, not because they play so differently from other punk bands, but if u listen to the lyrics they are masterful, i got the NOFX dvd 10 years of ****ing up and its great shows them from the beginging in 83 to 93 when they played in europe, some 1 on SM has a pic of him with Fat Mike but i dont remember who it is
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Creep wrote:
    Oh! Voodoo Chile - Hendrix just came on while I was typing this, I think the SRV version of this song is better tho, just MHO!

GAHHHHH HERETIC HANGGG HIMMMMM :rarr:

The tone Hendrix got on Voodoo Chile Slight Return always sound to me what I imagine pure electricity sounds like. SOOOO damned heavy and cranked.

I like SRV well enough but his version, at least the studio version, sounds relatively uninspired to me.

I'm not really flamin ya Creep :)

Oh, ahhh lessee....The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited September 2004
    To reference the above, Voodo Chile belongs to Jimi but SRV pwned Little Wing.

Jack Johnson-The Horizon has been defeated
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited September 2004
    I have to admit that for the most part, Jimi's sound rules...it's like he wired his cajones to the amp...I listened to that double live album and he makes it all SEEMS SO EFFORTLESS *sob*
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2004
    Real McCoy- Run Away
    edited September 2004
    Pennywise - Peaceful Day
    Happy Hardcore - 99 Red Balloons (Dance/Techno Remix)
    Cursive - The Recluse
    The Notwist - Shrink
    Phish - The Connection

Now: Nightwish - Nemo ... just found these guys ... really good! I don't know how long they've been around or anything, but damn she can sing!
  • entropyentropy
    kicks thread back up

The Juliana Theory - Repeating, Repeating
    NoFX - Antennas
    The Shins - One by One All Day
    Counting Crows - Anna Begins
    Sugarcult - I Change My Name
    Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited October 2004
    kicks thread back up

The Juliana Theory - Repeating, Repeating
    NoFX - Antennas
    The Shins - One by One All Day
    Counting Crows - Anna Begins
    Sugarcult - I Change My Name
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited October 2004
    Curtain Call - The Damned.

I'd never heard of NOFX before, so I got hold of about 8 tracks, including Decline. Not bad, not bad at all, growing on me.

They're very, uh.... American :)
    edited October 2004
    Punk ;)

I like 'em because they're upbeat, loud, and forthright about everything they sing about:D

edit:
    Jefferson Airplane - The Ballad of You and Me and Pooneil
    Violent Femmes - Kiss Off
    Tsunami Bomb - Count Me Out
    MxPx - The Downfall of Western Civilization
    Luna Sea - Sweetest Coma Again
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    keto wrote:
    GAHHHHH HERETIC HANGGG HIMMMMM :rarr:

The tone Hendrix got on Voodoo Chile Slight Return always sound to me what I imagine pure electricity sounds like. SOOOO damned heavy and cranked.

I like SRV well enough but his version, at least the studio version, sounds relatively uninspired to me.

I'm not really flamin ya Creep :)

Oh, ahhh lessee....The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby.

I know your not flamming me. You know, you like the beatles so you have no worthwhile opinion in my eyes :) The beatles blow, how can you admire a band that became famous by playing cover tunes?! Oh well, music didn't exist before sabbath blew the scene away with their music anyway. Oh yea, SRV wasn't trying to be "Inspiring" when he covered that song, he was paying tribute to a Guitar God by playing it the way he did but adding enough of his own style into it to still make it sounds like he played it, it's clean, that's why I like the SRV version, because it's played cleanly and not all slopped up.

paco de lucia - cancion de amor
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Michael Learns to Rock - Take me to your heart

everyone download it here and take a listen.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~leishi/TakeMeToYourHeart.mp3
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    TBonZ wrote:
    Middlefinger - Radio Jamout - This is one from my acoustic set with a spontaneous jam thrown in.

Soooo... it's story time.

I was cleaning up my [vitual] desktop for the first time in a long time tonight, figuring out where all these files actually belong rather than being in a massive pile since I download and save almost everything there. I came across an mp3 named 'radiojam' and was like "wtf mate?"

So I decided to listen to it to decide what folder to put it in... and said to myself "what the hell is this and why don't I have a CD of it yet??" and went on a protracted search to figure out where I had gotten the file from so I could get more of it.

Eventually I recalled Terry sharing this link a while back and had to do a forum search to find what thread it was in. In typical keebler fashion I must've downloaded it and promptly forgotten what I was doing and wandered off :(

Short version is: sorry it took me so long to reply; I'm an idiot; that track is hot and I want more!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2004

that track is hot and I want more!

And you will buddy. :)
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2004
    Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing)- Benny Goodman and His Orchestra
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Geeky1 - Bragging About SMP
    edited October 2004
    I'm currently being floored by the Once album from Nightwish. Dark Chest of Wonders and Creek Mary's Blood are my favorites. It's metal, which I don't usually listen to, but it has really powerful (and at points ... kinda weird) lyrics. And DAMN can she SING!
    edited October 2004
    What? You mean he's actually doing this right now ... live ... ?!
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited October 2004
    Entropy is talking about a post I deleted, I corrected myself here http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21540
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    LOL Thrax. I think I just woke my daughter up with my maniacal laughter. ;D
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited October 2004
    Fuel - Natural Selection

Won't Back Down (Bring You Hell) currently
    edited October 2004
    Jets to Brazil - Crown of the Valley
    Brandston - The Bottle and the Sea
    Interpol - Hands Away
    Everyone Else - Cereal
    Rise Against - Everchanging
    Nightwish - FantasMic ...I've said it before, I'll say it again: ORCHESTRAL METAL! What more reason do you need to check it out?!:D...
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    I just finished listening to Dora The Explorer lol- my daughter loves that show.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited October 2004
    Just listened to (all albums)

The Scissor Sisters
    Otis Redding's Greatest Hits

and atm:

ten - Pearl Jam

still sounds good, thirteen years down the line

feeling a little retro this evening ;)
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited October 2004
    Pulley - Cashing in