HELP - 5.6ghz is being wasted!

t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
I got a new server here at work. Dual Xeon 2.8.
I have everything installed, and the internet working through our proxy.
What does this mean? Is the server down, or is the proxy blocking access to folding?

[15:58:10] - Ask before connecting: No
[15:58:10] - Use IE connection settings: Yes
[15:58:10] - User name: t1rhino (Team 93)
[15:58:10] - User ID not found locally
[15:58:10] + Requesting User ID from server
[15:58:10] Error: Got status code 407 from server
[15:58:10] + Could not connect to Primary Assignment Server for ID

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    LOL, I know you want to pass me, especially after asking me where my extra 4.8Ghz was coming from and then whammo, here comes t1 with 5.6Ghz LOL!! :banghead: :D

To answer your question though, what did you specify for the internet connection? Use IE connection or proxy? I had a problem at work here with setting it either way so I left it unspecified and the WU's started coming.
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2003
    As long as were on the subject, any advice to getting F@H to communicate w. Stanford thru an ISA proxy? :) So far, my 1GHz work machine is unable to fold (and I can't really ask the server guys to help on this one!)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    CaffeineMe said
    As long as were on the subject, any advice to getting F@H to communicate w. Stanford thru an ISA proxy? :) So far, my 1GHz work machine is unable to fold (and I can't really ask the server guys to help on this one!)

Not sure about that one Bill, have you been to the community folding forum and done a search on ISA proxies yet?
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2003
    Okay, a quick search through http://forum.folding-community.org lists that it might be a problem with proxy authentication.
    I'll see if I can work around it.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2003
    And yes tbonz, someday I would like to catch upto you. Then fly right past. :D
    I might have to enroll the 3 other Dual Xeon 2.8 servers to do it though.
    Mmmmmm, 8.4ghz of folding bliss. :)
  • redoulentredoulent Michigan
    edited July 2003
    What are you running T1Rhino? I'm just asking cuz my heels are getting a bit raw!!! :respect:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Looks like something on your end. Keep messing with the options. Either use IE, dont use proxy, or enter proxy settings yourself.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2003
    Okay, I got it working. Here's how to get folding bypassing the proxy. This may only apply to my situation, but maybe it can help some of you.

First I removed all proxy settings from IE. Then I went into TCP/IP settings, and added the 2 DNS servers of our ISP. I did this b/c our DHCP server does not give out DNS addresses.
    I opened IE and made sure I could surf the net without using proxy.
    Then I went into the -config in F@H. I said do not use IE settings, do not use Proxy settings.
    And voila, more folding power for me. :D
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2003
    redoulent said
    What are you running T1Rhino? I'm just asking cuz my heels are getting a bit raw!!! :respect:

Hmmm, let's see.

Dual Xeon 2.8ghz
    Dual Xeon 1.7ghz
    Dual PeeIII 900mhz
    Pee4 2.4ghz
    PeeIII 933mhz
    Celery 1.7ghz
    Celery 2ghz

There might also be some stray computers around here folding under the t1rhino name. :thumbsup: