edited October 2004
    Stone Sour - Orchids
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Three - Dogs of War
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited October 2004
    entropy wrote:
    Nightwish - FantasMic ...I've said it before, I'll say it again: ORCHESTRAL METAL! What more reason do you need to check it out?!:D...
    Kickass! Sounds good already. I wonder if it's anything like No Leaf Clover... That's Metallica. :D
    /me "checks it out" :D
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    Blues Traveler- Four

I just borrowed some old Springsteen from the local library- besides all of his radio hits that have been played to the point I get dry heaves when I hear Dancing In The Dark, he obviously has quite a following, so maybe he did something right at one point...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Demon Hunter - Summer of Darkness CD
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    I just bought Phish Live in Sugarbush- I am getting the shakes thinking about listening to it- CD cost me $46 CDN...I'll be wearing that CD out starting in about 10 minutes...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    46 Cnd!! Holy Crap!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Puddle of Mudd - Piss it Away
    edited October 2004
    GCAT wrote:
    Puddle of Mudd - Piss it Away
    Good choice! :thumbsup:

Evanescence - Fallen album
    Tourniquet now
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited October 2004
    The Von Bondies - Red Hed Devil
    The Flaming Lips - Strychnine / What's So Funny (About Peace, Love, and Understanding)
    Guided by Voices - Sons of Apollo
    Taking Back Sunday - You Know How I Do
    Bowling for Soup - Really Might Be Gone
    Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round (gotta have some music appreciation! (plus, it's actually a great song, lol :D))
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    Gnome- it is a 3-CD set of one entire concert. No clipped or deleted songs, supposedly. It was the last show I ever saw them play, and I knew it was going to be, so huge sentimental value...

That concert is one of 20. They have the whole set on sale on their website for $300 USD...I'm seeeeeriously tempted to spend some big bucks at Christmas...
    edited October 2004
    Guyute wrote:
    I just bought Phish Live in Sugarbush- I am getting the shakes thinking about listening to it- CD cost me $46 CDN...I'll be wearing that CD out starting in about 10 minutes...

was that the concert from '94/95?(cant remember which year it was that i saw them at sugarbush)... if so that concert was great.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    OMG GCAT you were there? It was awesome.

Summer of '94. 7-16-94 according to the box...hmm I thought it was later in the summer.

BTW I was about 200' from the stage on the right of the hill, if you are looking at the stage. LOL I remember I had plenty of room to dance as one of my buddies was 6'4", 270 lb body-builder. And throwing himself around like a maniac. Who would tell HIM to settle down???

SWEET case for the CD, too. Nothing worse than buying a "special edition" and have it made from an old rag. This case is first-class- REALLY cool brushed silver effect behind the artwork, and the liner insise unfolds to become a sleeve for the specially-designed binder you can buy to store your collection. Very nice.
    edited October 2004
    yep...I was there..I went with 8 other friends in a mini-van. I remember getting there and it was 68-70F and by the time the concert was done I was freezing my ass off. Having a concert on a ski slope was a cool idea. Excellent concert, I havent been to one better yet. I'm not a big Phish fan but if I had had the chance to go to another concert I would have.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    The CD is wicked- great sound. I had forgotten how long the concert was, but the set list itself is a thing of beauty...

I remember when they opened for Santana, and we were going, but I had never heard of them ( I had just moved to Montreal from Halifax, and back then Halifax was the armpit of the music world) and when my friend bought their Picture of Nectar tape I thought "hmmmm...this is kinda different, don't know if I like it..." back then I kinda listened to "traditional" rock like Zep and Pink Floyd, so this kind of prog rock was harder to get used to... now I don't think I could ever go back.

What kind of music do you listen to? I'm always open to new bands...
    edited October 2004
    Black Eyed Peas - The apl song
    Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love
    Creed - My Own Prison album

edited October 2004
    Beto Vazquez - Infinity album (the singer is Tarja Turunen from Nightwish:D) This is a lot like Nightwish, in fact. Great stuff. Best song so far is Infinity Space.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    Gr81- I am curious what your opinion of Creed is---I borrowed 2 of their CD's from the local library, and I wish I listened to them more but I had to take them back...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Stevie Wonder - Superstition
    edited October 2004
    Rancid - Bloodclot
    Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot
    J. Geil Band - Angel is a Centerfold
    Happy Hardcore - 99 Red Balloons (techno remix)
    Green Day - Basket Case

When you're inexplicably hyper/fidgety, there's only so many songs that do you justice! :D
    edited October 2004
    entropy wrote:
    Green Day - Basket Case
    Haha, nice one! :thumbsup:
    Guyute wrote:
    Gr81- I am curious what your opinion of Creed is---I borrowed 2 of their CD's from the local library, and I wish I listened to them more but I had to take them back...
    Hmmm... I'll answer that one tomorrow... I need to sleep now. :-/

P.O.D. - Satellite album, Anything Right currently...
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited October 2004
    velvet revolver - fall to pieces
    a perfect circle - imagine (john lennon cover)
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited October 2004
    Social Distortion - Sex Love and Rock N Roll (album)

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Ruin Johnnys Bar Mitzvah (album)
  • edited October 2004
    High Contrast - High Society | Welsh drum and bass...
    edited October 2004
    Guyute wrote:
    Well, I never really listened to a lot of Creed in particular at any time, but I've always heard a LOT out of them over so many years, over the radio and such. Now that I'm listening to a couple of their albums, saying that I've never heard a song I didn't like would be a lie, but I never have heard a song from them I actually dislike. ....if that made any sense. :-/

I mean to say that I don't hate any of their songs, but there are a few that I don't love! I grew up listening to Creed, and I love it! :D

I liked all of My Own Prison, but now I'm listening to Human Clay, and though I don't particularly dislike it, I don't like it as much as My Own Prison... Overall, I think Creed is great!

Did that make any sense?? :confused: I just can't seem to put all of this into the right words.
    edited October 2004
    Jackyl - I Stand Alone
  • lizliz Montreal
    edited October 2004
    robby wrote:
    I love music and I'm pretty sure alot of you do, too. I mostly listen to Indie rock stuff, but am always open to new music. I'm listening to alot of Bright eyes and Wilco lately, you?

Tell me you've heard of the Arcade Fire. They're so awesome it hurts.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited October 2004
    GR81-

I hear ya...some bands are good enough to not suck, then they manage a few shining moments... I kinda feel like that about Guns N' Roses- I like their radio stuff, more because of Slash's guitar than Twizzle Stick's singing, but I have never had the urge to rush out and buy an album...maybe it's timing? Or more because the radio beats three songs by a potentially good band to death ( I STILL hear Billy Idol on the radio- "White Wedding" ALL OF THE TIME!!) and then you are reluctant to look more into them. I am so into a couple of other bands right now, I'd have to quit my job to listen to more music LOL.

That in one way is a sad thing, I did listen to one of Creed's albums twice but not fully concentrating, and I must say it was exactly like you said. Maybe later I'll give them anudder listen-to...

In an amusing anecdote, my 2-1/2 year-old daughter is getting into Phish- makes me put Free and Runaway Jim on in the car...twist my rubber arm. She yells "Jim...Jim" until I do.
    edited October 2004
    The Mars Volta - Inertiatic ESP
    Bowling for Soup - Friends of Mine
    The Shins - Know Your Onion!
    NoFX - American Errorist (I Hate Hate Haters)
    The Flaming Lips - In the Morning of the Magicians
    Pedro the Lion - Transcontinental