ATI Announces New Radeon Cards

edited December 2004 in Science & Tech
ATI introduces new Radeon X850 series and adds to its existing Radeon X800 video card line.
Today, graphics manufacturer ATI announced its new Radeon X850 series and two new Radeon X800 video cards. The new Radeon X850 series includes the $399 Radeon X850 Pro, the $499 Radeon X850 XT, and the $549 Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition. The Radeon X850 XT and the Radeon XT Platinum Edition replace the Radeon X800 XT and X800 PE cards as ATI's two fastest video cards.

ATI also introduced two technology demos at its Radeon X850 series launch event held last night in San Francisco. The Ruby "Dangerous Curves" demo places the ATI heroine in a tunnel chase scene where she must fight off robotic pursuit droids. Crytek was also on hand to show a new demo titled The Project, built on the CryEngine, which serves as an extended prologue to the Far Cry story.
Source: GameSpot

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Reading some benchmarks, it seems it's not a whole lot faster than the 6800 GT or the X800. :-/
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2004
    It should bring the X800s down in price tho... And I still want an X800XT to go with my 6800GT :D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2004
    Whewww... one thing that we were running short on was rediculously priced video cards. I'm glad we have gotten that situation taken care of.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2004
    pfft. $400 isn't so bad... :D the X800XT-PE/6800 Ultra (~$600) were/are a little absurd tho...
  • edited December 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    pfft. $400 isn't so bad... :D the X800XT-PE/6800 Ultra (~$600) were/are a little absurd tho...

...and coming from him, that means quite a bit!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I'd never spend more than $300 on any one component in a system, that's just rediculous and a waist of money.
  • b0wzb0wz Tri-Cities Washington, USA
    edited December 2004
    Gee........new card, available at stores near you by next X-Mas 05.........still waiting to see decant quanitys of the x800xt's.........actually tired of waiting, Love me new 6800GT running at 421mhz on the GPU and 1.14ghz on the memory.......nothing wrong with 67k on aquamark........loyal ati fan.......tired of the hype and wait......take the ball and run Nvidia......go ;)
  • Zero1Zero1 Independence, MO
    edited December 2004
    Im hoping for a decent knock down in price for the X800's cause I really want one. :thumbsup:
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2004
    $200.00 is my max on a video card maybe 240ish if I'm pushed. If the prices don't come down on x800's or I can't get an awsome performing card after christmas i'm going to say screw it and get a Xbox or somthing.