ShortMedia HL2 DM server redux - part 3

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    see you guys there
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Hmm it went down right before I got to join & try it on my craptacular laptop video. Is it coming back? edit- looks like it's back up now.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited December 2004
    TheSmJ wrote:
    It was down cause I was working on it. It's back up now with some new maps (which really load this time)!

I installed the map pack available on Fileplanet to the server. In case the automatic downloading from the server itself is being too slow, or you just want to get all the maps at once (without downloading them one-by-one during the game):

GET IT HERE from FilePlanet!

Or in case there's too long of a wait on their public server, GET IT FROM ME!

http://tnemelcelorp2.free.fr/HFR/fp_hl2_dmmappack1.zip

High-Speed Mirror :)
    edited December 2004
    That last map can go suck a ...... well, you get the idea..... :p
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    SimGuy wrote:

Whoops, I should've gotten that. Most of the games I only got in around halfway thru because of d/ling from server.

Oh well - it was fun as usual.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    That last map can go suck a ...... well, you get the idea..... :p
    Don't be a sore loser, ya shmuck. ;D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2004
    Actually prof, he's right. The last map sucked ass. I think Prime should dock SMJ's pay for putting that in there. :p
    edited December 2004
    I was just giving him a hard time. :D

Coming from a guy whose computer can barely play HL1, I didn't think he'd take it seriously. :mullet:
  • edited December 2004
    DM_exit removed. :rolleyes:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I hope this server is still up christmas day. :D
    edited December 2004
    You've got me curious, in what way did the map suck?
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    I hope this server is still up christmas day. :D

It will be. Unlike "normal" people we do our xmas bit on the 24th, so I'll be sitting around all day the 25th looking to play some games.
    edited December 2004
    It's hard to explain why the map sucked. Perhaps it was a totally uninteresting layout with buggy spawn points (An underwater spawn point?), perhaps it was a total lack of good textures (it was hard to tell walls from floors). Perhaps it was the inane layout and distribution of weapons (put the rocket launcher in the middle of a pool and make it almost impossible to get onto dry land so you can actually use it). It could have been the utter silliness (pillars of water on the roof? What the hell?).

No matter what, it was small, ugly, and no fun :(
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2004
    How do you join a specific server? Do you go to favorites and add server? When will it be up again?

Me=noob First game I joined I got 13 deaths before I quit... That's it. 13 deaths. I'm still not sure how I quit that game either. When you press esc it just brings up that join server crap there's no option to leave that I saw. So how did I get out?? :confused:
    edited December 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    ...First game I joined I got 13 deaths before I quit... That's it. 13 deaths. I'm still not sure how I quit that game either. When you press esc it just brings up that join server crap there's no option to leave that I saw. So how did I get out?? :confused:
    Feet first on a gurney, from the sound of things. :vimp:
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2004
    Wow. I just got out of another game (I figured out how to quit) and got third place in a long game to 100 kills. I guess that last game was just really laggy. I thought the map was bugged or something 'cause people teleported and I could never use the gravity gun right... Everything I picked up never really stayed in front of my gun, but was like it wanted to go back to where I picked it up from. :-/ Lag I guess. :)
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    hrm..the servers apparently not up :( Prime said he couldn't get it to boot, might be that bunko mobo thats in it. If I get some time I might swing by and have a look at it. I wanna play some HL damnit!
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited December 2004
    Aww shucks, it's Christmas day, Jeff got HL2, and the server is not up. :( Guess I'll have to wait. :bawling: