I/O Error when burning from DVD Decrypter

dstyle347dstyle347 Boston
edited December 2004 in Science & Tech
I ripped from dvd shrink 3.2 then converted the file to ISO with IMG Tool, tried to burn with dvd decrypter and recieved this message. The burn made it to the disk but in poor quality when the error was ignored. Any ideas?

I/O Error
Device [1:0:0] LITEON DVDRW SOHW 832S VSOB (D:) (ATA)

SCSI STATUS 0x02
INTERPRETATION: CHECK CONDITION

CDB: 2A 00 00 01 49 A0 00 00 20 00
INTERPRETATION: WRITE (10) - SECTORS 84348-84415

SENSE AREA: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 30 05 00 00 00 00
INTERPRETATION: CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT

Im using a liteon 16x dvdr+-rw dual layer with 4x dvd-r media.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Doesn't DVD Shrink orignally rip to ISO? Why'd you convert? You could try burning it with Nero, CloneDVD or Alcohol 120%
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2004
    Rip to VOB files then Burn with Nero. Go to DVD Video and place all the VOB and other files into the Video_TS folder that comes up with Nero and you should be fine. I never burn with DVD Decrypter.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Rip to VOB files then Burn with Nero. Go to DVD Video and place all the VOB and other files into the Video_TS folder that comes up with Nero and you should be fine. I never burn with DVD Decrypter.
    DVD Shrink can rip and burn in only a few steps.
    edited December 2004
    I always burn with Nero tho. I just DVD Shrink to rip and check to check DVDs that are in VOB files before I burn them.
  • dstyle347dstyle347 Boston
    edited December 2004
    I was trying to burn the deleted scenes with a different audio than the rest of the file. It's fine now.

As for Nero I don't feel like paying for the dvd encoding or whatever the hell it tells me I need to buy and for dvd shrink it only allows me to copy to hard disk, no burn options w or w/o nero enabled and it does'nt recodnize dvd encrypter either. DVD shrink just won't allow me to burn from itself. I re-installed all of them to see if they would recognize one another but I got nothing.

Anyways it's all good now, 20 minutes at 4x from start to finish with perfect results. I need to get some dual layer 16x media....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I always burn with Nero too; more reliable CD burning engine. I just use DVDShrink to shrink the movie size and nothing more.
    edited December 2004
    Exactly. I mean that is Neros main purpose.
    edited December 2004
    Well, DVD shrink does have the option to burn with Nero, so I dunno.
    edited December 2004
    When I read around about how to rip a DVD using DVD Shrink, it said to NOT have the enabled/clicked or w/e. Just use it to make an ISO if you have to when you shrink and then burn with Nero.
    edited December 2004
    Well I've ripped and burned over a dozen discs like that and not a single problem.
    edited December 2004
    I don't have the retail edition of nero so it just keeps prompting me to buy some dolby enconder or some crap and won't let me burn. I can enable nero in dvd shrink and still it will not give me any burn options. the buttons and tabs are there but inactive. My goal here is to spend nothing and it may not be the favorite choice of everyone here but it works for me. For a 24 yr old disabled veteran and struggling student I'm ok with the extra 2 steps and keeping my money in my pocket unless anyone actually has a suggestion on how to actually improve my method as opposed to just not agreeing with it.

Another thing, I get pixelated video on my dvd player but it's fine in my dvd drives. Is that just a crap dvd player (it's a cheap one) or a format compatability issue, i'm using dvd-r right now?
    edited December 2004
    To me, it sounds like a crap DVD player, but I can't be sure. I've not had any noticeable quality issues on my Panasonic player, or my buddy's Sony player; DVD Shrink is amazingly good at keeping quality with its CDT algorithm.. And hell, it's just simple bitrates; the human eyes fails to notice much of a quality difference between 3-4k VBR and 3-8K VBR, the latter being what DVDShrink converts from (Amongst other things).
    edited December 2004
    did'nt you write the tutorial on all this dvd shrink, decrypter, img tool stuff?
    edited December 2004
    Yes I did.
    edited December 2004
    good job, worked great. out of about 20 methods I tried yours was the only pennieless success.