can't find it

swilburswilbur Maryland
edited January 2005 in Hardware
Went into BIOS and didn't see any way to modify CPU speed setting. This is a Compaq/HP 515 EVO with a 2.66 ghz nor do I seeanything about System PCI Frequency.

Comments

• BoneBone Canadia
    edited January 2005
    you should see something that says like
    front side bus
    multiplier
    etc...
    you have set it to manual to change it but u might wanna wait for a better answer >_>
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited January 2005
    I doubt you will be able to overclock your EVO.
  • swilburswilbur Maryland
    edited January 2005
    I have an HP Pavillion 510n with a 1.6 ghx celeron. I went into the BIOS and the clock speed doesn't appear to be modifyable. I'd like to try it. DO I need to disable something for this to have variable values?
  • Access_DeniedAccess_Denied tennessee
    edited January 2005
    you cant on a OEM rig. sorry to say but there hopelessly locked with no way short of a motherboard swap to OC them. im in the same boat
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    They are 'protecting' you from yourself.
    The OEM bios does not have user accessable settings for speeds.
    You have two choices:
    1. If you are staisfied with everything else about the machine and just want to play some, look at replacing the mobo only. Look for one htat will use your cpu, memory and video card.
    2. Leave the box as is, and set out to build a play machine. Look in the Deal Depot for used parts, go to the Newegg referb page, and places like that. You would be surprised how good of a computer you can build for $500.
  • swilburswilbur Maryland
    edited January 2005
    Thanks to everyone who responded here. It works just fine and I really don't need any changes. I just double the memory and it's about as fast as I need. the PC is 2 years old and I only paid $600 for it new. GOt the memory on ebay for half of what anyone else was offering.