Drivers for a compaq ij700 printer?

robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
edited January 2005 in Science & Tech
I installed a compaq ij700 deskjet on my xp pro sp1 system. The printer responds, feeds paper, but does not print. The properties say that one of my cartridges is full and the other is low. I've searched around, but can't find any drivers for xp. Anyone know where I can find them?

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited January 2005
    Only available on Compaqs site my friend.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    They're re-badged Lexmarks, I think. Find out what the model would be as a lexmark, and those drivers should work.
  • robbyrobby Olympia, WA New
    edited January 2005
    Cmon, Tex, give me SOME credit. ;D Compaq's site of course leads you to hp's site and there are no xp drivers available for this model. :scratch: I'm gonna try and figure out the lexmark model number. :topic: Tex, you clean up real good. ;D
    edited January 2005
    Supposedly, the Lexmark 5700 drivers are supposed to work. They didn't I called hp/compaq/hp/compaq tech support (every time I got transfered they claimed a different company) and after speaking to several nice gentlemen with thick middle eastern accents, I was instructed to download the drivers for the ij300 printer. This didn't work. (big surprise) One thing I'm curious about is that the tech support for hp/compaq directed me to driverguide.com. :scratch: So I am still stuck with a printer that basically rolls paper through and does nothing else. Oh well, it was pretty much free.
  • polarys425polarys425 Harrisonburg, VA
    edited January 2005
    robby wrote:
    I installed a compaq ij700 deskjet on my xp pro sp1 system. The printer responds, feeds paper, but does not print. The properties say that one of my cartridges is full and the other is low. I've searched around, but can't find any drivers for xp. Anyone know where I can find them?

your printer has a problem then. XP has drivers included for this printer. its even listed here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293360
    edited January 2005
    I saw that list, but also saw people on other forums with the same problem, so I was kinda hoping there might be a better driver out there. However, I just hooked the printer up to a machine running windows 98 and it still doesen't work. Any ideas how to go about diagnosing the problem?
  • polarys425polarys425 Harrisonburg, VA
    edited January 2005
    that may be a tough one.... from everything ive seen, todays low priced inkjet printers are pretty much disposable.

are you 100% certain that both ink cartridges are ok?
    edited January 2005
    to be honest, no I haven't tested the ink. I'm planning to buy some at wal mart tomorrow and hope that if it doesen't work, they'll let me return it. Thanks for the help.