What to do now that my proc is fried?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Hardware
Alright, so I fried the XP2100+ last night as I rebuilt my secondary rig. Now I've got 2 PCs minus a processor. But I can't put my Barton 2500+ in the secondary PC and buy a new chip for the primary... So what do you guys think I should do?

Here's what I was thinking:

Option 1
Put the A7N8X-Deluxe in the secondary rig with the Barton and the 2 256MB PC2100 Crucial chips I've got, running Dual DDR since they're a matched pair. Win the door prize here and run the NF-7 2.0 in the main rig with the new Barton 2500+... or if I don't win the door prize, I'd go ahead and save for a few weeks and then choke up the big cash for a new Barton 2500+ and the DFI LanParty nF2 motherboard (note this requires selling a lot of stuff in my FS thread!) :eek3:

Option 2
Buy a new FSB133 processor for the secondary rig, put the Barton 2500+ in my main rig with the A7N8X-Deluxe (version 1.04 PCB) and hope the sumbitch OCs to 200FSB... :banghead:

Option 3
I'm looking for recommendations here... :ninja:

Thanks!

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Can you afford a 2400+ of the older vintage?? Given that AMD just dropped their prices again on July 28th??

given about $80-90.00 shipped from Newegg??

http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=Athlon+XP&searchdepa=0&srchFor=2400
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    The 80-90 figure could also get me another Barton 2500+... Hrm.

Actually, I think I'm going to try to find a 1700 DLT3C and OC that bad boy as high as I had my 2100 on the A7N8X-DLX... and then find a DFI LanParty mobo for the primary... gotta make a good impression at the next LANWAR!

Does anyone know where to get a DLT3C JIUHB for certain? For less than I can just get another 2100?
  • NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited August 2003
    Good 1700+ are getting very rare but I think Bigfootcomputers.com have some left.

With the A7N8X v1.04, there is very little chance you will get past 200 with Dual DDR enabled and no volt mod.