Headjacks on two mother boards dead???? HELP!

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited February 2005 in Hardware
I have no idea what is going on. I have the abit nf7-s rev 2, the 1/8" green line out jack is not working at all. I have tried drivers and all that jazz, nothing fixes it. I also have an asus A7V8X-MX SE that is experincing the same issues. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited February 2005
    Speakers or headphones?

Tex
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2005
    I've never experienced that on any mobo. I doubt that would happen on two mobos at the same time. Sounds like user error or faulty headphones/speakers to me.

Is there any way for you to test your speakers or headphones somewhere else? Got a CD or mp3 player laying around?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited February 2005
    That was the point of my post also

Tex
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    No, I'm not that dumb guys. I have tried out puting the sound on the computers to serveral things, including my home theater. The headphones are working on an old sound blaster pci I found, my PDA, my guitar amp, and every thing else I use them on except the computers. The jack also doesnt work with with my altec lansing 2100s. So I am VERY confident it is not user error.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    perhaps the card is configured for digital output only. When you installed the drivers, NvMixer should have been installed. Run the speaker wizard, and see if following the prompts helps.

btw, OS/driver version/directx version/etc is sometimes helpful as well.
    edited February 2005
    Done all that. I guess I just have to buy a new soundcard, or RMA.

Windows xp sp2, direct x 9.0c, and I have the sound card disabled so I can't tell you what driver I was using, but I tried the ones from the CD because they have worked in the past, and also the newest ones from nVidia's website. 5.10 I think. BTW: These mother boards were working fine until i installed them into that new case I got. It has leads for front audio jacks. Do you think that might have had something to do with it?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Often the installing the leads for the front panel disables the mini jacks on the back. Try it without them installed. Sometimes there's a jumper that you need to set when you use the front panel connections as well. Check your mobo manual.
    edited February 2005
    Nothing in eaither manual says anything about there being a jumper, and when I had the nf7s in that case both jacks worked. Speakers in the rear, and when i plugged the headphones into the front, the speakers would stop playing, and the sound would come out of the headphones.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    If you have a DMM you can measure the voltages to the headphone jack while playing music and see if there's any activity.

-drasnor :fold: