The State of the 1337

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Folding@Home
So, if I remember correctly, The 1337 Processor is currently in the UK. Is there any way we can get this thing (and all accompaniments) to make an appearance at the SM LAN?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Would be cool to see the lil guy at the Lan.

Bump.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Its going to be on its way to Shorty on Tuesday. I would have taken pics of its Liverpool journey but I am still waiting for my new digital camera to be delivered.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Does shorty have it yet? :D:D
  • edited April 2004
    While it's abroad it needs a few shots next to landmarks sort of like the roaming gnome commercials.
    edited May 2004
    Hello? Is there any chance of me getting this thing by the 14th for the LAN? :(
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    I have it.

Do you want it mailed out?
    edited May 2004
    Well, yah! Imagine the pictures we'd get at the LAN! Hell, we could probably sell it 6-7 times that weekend!

"1337 Processor earns record amount of money for the Team SMx Fund in a single weekend" ;D
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited May 2004
    madmat wrote:
    While it's abroad it needs a few shots next to landmarks sort of like the roaming gnome commercials.

That is a truly awsome idea.
    Send that bad boy all around the world.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2004
    Yea, we need it for the lan. You got to have the 1337 processor at the lan for some pics.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    thats right everyone needs to own it so they can hold my special certificate!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2004
    If it's come all the way to the UK and not seen Manchester it'll have far less to talk about when it gets home.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited May 2004
    I want my picture taken with the 1337 proc!

Norge
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Leo, do you have the 1337 processor now? Can you put it up for sale soon? :cool:
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited March 2005
    When you finnish with it at the LAN party be nice for it to holiday down under, trip to both coasts :cool:
    edited March 2005
    I bumped an old thread - I think it made it to the LAN last summer :)
    edited March 2005
    hehe well with all the date and time changes between us and the US of A I could not be sure ;D
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, poor australia is... what, 5-7 years behind the USA now? ;D

:ausflag:
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited March 2005
    ok what is this 1337 processor?
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, poor australia is... what, 5-7 years behind the USA now? ;D

:ausflag:

Actually we are ahead - remember it's tomorrow here :scratch:
    edited March 2005
    maximusbad wrote:
    ok what is this 1337 processor?
    Once upon a time, Brian put a 200 MHz processor up for sale on E-bay for laughs. Someone on the team bought it, and Brian donated the money to the SMx fund. Since then, each person who "buys" it donates $20 to the SMx fund and adds something to travel with the processor to the next owner. It's got quite a collection of notes, stickers, and doo-dads (and even a melted bag of snow :D ) travelling with it now to the fastest clicker whenever it goes up for sale in the site's trading post :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    So, is it then time to put it up for sale again? :cool: This time with some Alaska goodies with it? :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    So, is it then time to put it up for sale again? :cool: This time with some Alaska goodies with it? :D
    I vote yes. Hope it ends up in a nice sunny climate for a spell. :cool:
    edited March 2005
    It's a bit late right now. I don't want to write a screwball advert in DD&TP. Also, I need to find it (we've moved our household from our temporary place to our residence after I purchased it). Tomorrow after work I'll find it, inspect the contents and put it up for sale. Last sale was $20, if I remember correctly, so $25 shipped should be about right this time.
    edited March 2005
    It sold just a couple hours after I put it up for sale . :D

QCH just needs to pay the fund, and then I 'll ship next Monday.
    edited March 2005
    On it's way to chicago!

Q, you should go to Oak Street Beach and get a pic with the leet on the beach, reclining on a towel just like I was ;D
    edited March 2005
    Ouch. I won't be able to provide any pics with me holding the CPU. I just ordered a Nikon D70 digital camera, which probably won't arrive until after I ship the 1337 package. I'm too lazy to take film shots and take the film to be developed. But yes, please take some shots and post them. You can lay out the collection of goodies for a good 'still life' photo.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    So... should I photograph the contents? I think I SHOULD NOT. It makes it a surprise when someone buys the 1337 CPU.

But here is the first (of many) pictures of the mighty 1337 CPU...

(BTW - Left Alaska on Monday and arrived today)
    edited March 2005
    My god it's huge! It grew to almost the size of your head!

He's getting fat with all that travelling. Must be the good food ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    My god it's huge! It grew to almost the size of your head!

He's getting fat with all that travelling. Must be the good food ;D
    Or maybe Q's head is shrinking... :D
    edited March 2005
    The legend lives on!