Folding sigs...idea

Comments

• LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    I still happen to have this banner from Icrontic if anyone wants to change the name. Sev made it.

These can all go into the sig generator for later use. I am saving them all.;)

Thats pretty difficult to do once its been saved as a jpeg and all the layers merge. If you still have the .psd file you can edit individual layers so adding text, changing it, moving lens flares, stuff like that is easy because you can individually select them independant of the rest of the image...

Once they merge to jpeg though, you can move stuff, but you get color problems when light creates glare and you move the object that created it...the glare stays :(

Thats kind of a cool lookin sig though...I'm workin on a different size for a sig. I'm gonna offer up the above as a standford banner.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I like MM's theme to be used for the top of the folding site, and LawnMM's theme to be used as a Stanford banner. Use the flashy one to draw 'em in, and the clean one to fit with the [eventual] main page since they will likely be more interoperable then the previous team site and main page.

In any case, we can just throw one up for now and continue the discussion and competition as more people find us and/or people have time to get working on it.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I like the 'jet engine exhaust' look of Lawn's first one.
    Clean and crisp is OK for a sig, but for the header I favor hte more radical look.:wow2:
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    General Keebler said
    I like MM's theme to be used for the top of the folding site, and LawnMM's theme to be used as a Stanford banner. Use the flashy one to draw 'em in, and the clean one to fit with the [eventual] main page since they will likely be more interoperable then the previous team site and main page.

In any case, we can just throw one up for now and continue the discussion and competition as more people find us and/or people have time to get working on it.

Sounds good to me...

Heh, kinda funny, I started this going for sig ideas and we wound up creating a stanford banner instead. I am working on a sig too, should be sweet lookin when I'm done! :mullet:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I always liked the x-small blue on Icrontic, so here is my rendition of its replacement.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    I always liked the x-small blue on Icrontic, so here is my rendition of its replacement.

Agreed, the sig definitely needs to be closer to that size. I likey...looks good Thrax
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thrax, Lawn, MM and Film :eek:

Wow! What a selection.. hell.. we gotta find a use for them all! They are wicked! :D
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    Thrax, Lawn, MM and Film :eek:

Wow! What a selection.. hell.. we gotta find a use for them all! They are wicked! :D

Just pitchin in where we can.
    edited June 2003
    Yep.
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited June 2003
    oooo i like what i see here guys
    we should definitly keep them all around and we can allow everyone to choose which ever they would prefer, just like the old icrontic sigs were like
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I like them all a lot... but I think I like Lawn's the best because of the radical look.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Okay, here's my first stab at something forum signature size...should be plenty of room above and below the text for user names and stats and what not.

We need the code king to clue us in on that!

smsig1.jpg
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited June 2003
    Lawn, that is beautiful
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    tycho said
    Lawn, that is beautiful

Gracias!
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Lawn,

Top marks man, that looks cool.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Very sweet guys, I'll make sure to change our stat page logo's with one of these.:vimp:
    edited June 2003
    Updated my sig to get rid of the text placement ideas.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I have the pic saved as a bmp but saved it as a jpg to get it to show up on the forums. I dont know much about those file formats but I dont think bmp would help much either.

The x-small ones were smaller than any of the ones so far.

shorty, MM: Is this the final colors of the forums or will there be more color changes. I would like to have everything match the forum.

Lawn: DAMN. Lookin better and better each time.:D
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    Lawn,

Top marks man, that looks cool.

:D
    mmonnin said
    I have the pic saved as a bmp but saved it as a jpg to get it to show up on the forums. I dont know much about those file formats but I dont think bmp would help much either.

Lawn: DAMN. Lookin better and better each time.:D

;)

No, BMP is just as useless as far as seperating the elements of the picture. The original psd files that keep track of seperate layers are the best backups! Though you can still work some wizardry with jpegs and bmps...its just a real pita :mad:
  • ZorkiZorki Sasebo, Japan
    edited June 2003
    I will have something in about 12 hours, I am stuck at school right now and then I have graduation practice and then a party I don't want to go to. :( Your ideas are great!
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    Zorki said
    I will have something in about 12 hours, I am stuck at school right now and then I have graduation practice and then a party I don't want to go to. :( Your ideas are great!

We'll be eagerly awaiting your ideas Zorki! Don't rush it, we're not goin' anywhere!

In the meantime, I was messin' with one of my earlier ones and I managed to get the aqua to shine back through instead of getting drowned out by the light waves.

sm6.jpg
    edited June 2003
    Added your latest banner to our Stanford team page which is already up and have MM's banner slated for display on our Statman page anytime now.:)

Make sure to keep'em coming though, maybe we'll have a rotation for the banners.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    Added your latest banner to our Stanford team page which is already up and have MM's banner slated for display on our Statman page anytime now.:)

Make sure to keep'em coming though, maybe we'll have a rotation for the banners.

Coo! Now all we need is the info on how to implement the stats into the images and we'll be ready to rock with sigs too!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i know this might be off topic...but was just wondering when the stats gonna work in muh sig again?...shorty?...thx

fc

EDIT> nevermind i know why....http://www.teamicrontic.com/sigs/stats.php...

SHORTY!!...:halfcog:
    edited June 2003
    It'll be a few days for the scripts to be in order, just a little longer.:)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    It'll be a few days for the scripts to be in order, just a little longer.:)

How do you get the script working with the image though? I'm not impatient, just curious as to how it works.
    edited June 2003
    It's a matter of standardising where the text is programmed to position itself on the banner, lsevald is the architect and I have asked him to drop on in to try and give specifics.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    It's a matter of standardising where the text is programmed to position itself on the banner, lsevald is the architect and I have asked him to drop on in to try and give specifics.

Sweetness :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    LawnMM said
    Okay, here's my first stab at something forum signature size...should be plenty of room above and below the text for user names and stats and what not.

We need the code king to clue us in on that!

smsig1.jpg

/me wipes trickle of drool from corner of mouth
  • LincLinc
    whistles innocently while editing his profile / sig
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    whistles innocently while editing his profile / sig