Upgraded BIOS for DK8N but cannot see RAID now

jtmjtm
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
Hi this problem is an emergency. I cannot get the RAID (Silicon Images 3114) to work anymore. I used the proper drivers for both Windows XP 32bit and 64bit during the installation and the drive array will not come up. I have installed the newest version and older versions of the driver for Windows XP 64bit. These are the SATA RAID drivers by Silicon Images. During the startup my RAID controller is listed. I even recreated the RAID by deleting it and reforming the RAID 0. I don't know why it will not show up. The drivers for the RAID are not bad, this has only occured once I have installed the new BIOS. I have used the drivers in the past. Did the new BIOS disable support of RAID? The version of the BIOS is 1.08. It is NOT PUBLIC but it is made from the company and sent to me. It was so different from 1.06 that it forced me to reinstall Windows due to the changes in ACPI. Anyone know this solution? I am currently on Windows XP 64bit without using that drive, but now I cannot install Office XP because of 64bit's lack of support, and I really just want to go back to 32bit, but I didn't expect the drivers to stop working.

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I take it this is the BIOS that was modded for you and not the original BIOS that was supplied. Only thing I can suggest is to flash the back to the one you had before. Also this isnt really an "emergency" so I am moving to correct forum. Also see dexters post here http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254969&postcount=13
  • jtmjtm
    edited March 2005
    Wrong... this is an emergency and NO this was not a modified version this was SUPPLIED by IWILL themselves. Please don't make assumptions based off other posts. I purposely started this one to solve this issue which is similarly related but NOTHING to do with BIOS modification AT ALL. Move it back to Emergency please. I am pinning to get this fixed PLEASE let other people help because this might be a driver problem. Thank you.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    This is not classed as an emergency because your machine is bootable. Your problem is the fact that the drivers / bios are having a problem with Raid. Hence the reason I have moved the thread into the Drivers and BIOS section.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited March 2005
    jtm wrote:
    NO this was not a modified version this was SUPPLIED by IWILL themselves.

Then why not contact IWILL?

Here is their contact page:

http://www.iwillusa.com/contact_us/contact_us.asp?vID=27&MID=27

Since IWILL supplied it, they should be able to fix it.

Let us know how they solve the problem. :)

Dexter...
  • edited March 2005
    jtm,

Did you make sure that the Sata Raid Controller is enabled in the new bios?

Have you tried to go back to the previous bios that you had and see if that works?

Also I am not bagging on Iwill but has it ocurred to you that there may be a reason why that bios was not released to the public yet?

Tmod
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited March 2005
    jtm wrote:
    Hi this problem is an emergency. I cannot get the RAID (Silicon Images 3114) to work anymore. I used the proper drivers for both Windows XP 32bit and 64bit during the installation and the drive array will not come up. I have installed the newest version and older versions of the driver for Windows XP 64bit. These are the SATA RAID drivers by Silicon Images. During the startup my RAID controller is listed. I even recreated the RAID by deleting it and reforming the RAID 0. I don't know why it will not show up. The drivers for the RAID are not bad, this has only occured once I have installed the new BIOS. I have used the drivers in the past. Did the new BIOS disable support of RAID? The version of the BIOS is 1.08. It is NOT PUBLIC but it is made from the company and sent to me. It was so different from 1.06 that it forced me to reinstall Windows due to the changes in ACPI. Anyone know this solution? I am currently on Windows XP 64bit without using that drive, but now I cannot install Office XP because of 64bit's lack of support, and I really just want to go back to 32bit, but I didn't expect the drivers to stop working.
    What is the version of the SI 3114 controller BIOS that is contained within this Beta BIOS IWILL sent you?

What happened with the BIOS BNO modded for you?

And what issue are you trying to resolve that you feel you need to use a Beta BIOS?
  • edited March 2005
    "What happened with the BIOS BNO modded for you?"
    This BIOS file really sucks.
    It is trash after the modification, but the computer still boots.
    There is just no possibility to enter the BIOS anymore. :(
    So, jtm used the original BIOS file again.
    Is not it, JTM?
    Or do you still using the modified BIOS with the updated SATA-RAID-ROM?

JTM, there are really interesting news from "Iwill" :D

Check your private messages.