prof conquered 20K!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Milestones
Watch out prof, Wugs is right behind you. Don't want to get caught up in that whole lube thing he has going on :eek:

:p Great to have you on the team, prof! Congrats!

:fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold:
:fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Congrats Prof.:)

:fold::fold::fold::fold::fold:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Thank you!

As some of you may already know, last February my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She has been through the mill (surgery, chemo, etc) but is doing much better. Her final chemotherapy treatment was last week, and the doctor told her a few days ago that if her blood tests next week look good she will enter the "wait and see" stage, meaning that if there is no recurrence of the cancer she's made it.

Up until then, Folding was just a fun thing to do. It did make me feel good to know that I might be helping in a small way to cure disease, but only in the abstract sense. Now it's personal.

The hardest thing in life is to watch a loved one suffer, and be helpless to do anything about it. This project has supplied me with an outlet for all of the anxiety of the past six months. I think maybe the first person "cured" by this important research has been me - I'd have been even more of a nervous wreck without some positive way to harness my need to do something.

Another huge benefit has been being (a small) part of this team. Your support, encouragement, and friendship are worth more to me than I can say.

Keep 'em Folding! :wave::fold: