A few things

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited June 2003 in Community
Tables

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13

The tables get all messed up when a pic bigger than the table is attached. If they are to get bigger, make them get bigger on the right side and not the left like some have.

Also I guess I am just used to the forums but I always used the

Icronticforums > Icrontic > Review where those would go back to the forum or forum section if you were in a thread. I see AMDMB has what is in S-M.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    Tables

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13

The tables get all messed up when a pic bigger than the table is attached. If they are to get bigger, make them get bigger on the right side and not the left like some have.

Also I guess I am just used to the forums but I always used the

Icronticforums > Icrontic > Review where those would go back to the forum or forum section if you were in a thread. I see AMDMB has what is in S-M.

I already made a note of putting that chain of links at the bottom of the page as well. Shorty can't do too much right now. (Well, except randomly launch forums without warning... :p )

I kinda like that the individual post gets bigger rather than the whole thread. Before, someone would post a big pic and suddenly the whole right side is out in a field somewhere. :)
    midga
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    OK the one post can get bigger but it should be on the right and not make each side bigger.

No post count I see too.
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    OK the one post can get bigger but it should be on the right and not make each side bigger.

No post count I see too.
    Yeah, they decided it was too devisive and not worth the trouble.
  • hprhpr :o hi o:
    edited June 2003
    :o nice :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The server's time is off. I'm 5 hours behind GMT, so it should be 6:10PM right now for me. The time is showing 9:10AM.
    edited June 2003
    I think what's happening is it's reading EST (where it is located) as GMT. Added to the notes.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    TD_Isles said
    The server's time is off. I'm 5 hours behind GMT, so it should be 6:10PM right now for me. The time is showing 9:10AM.

looks like ntpd didnt start when we moved the server, should be ok now.

But I have a question: THe server itself is in detroit (EST). but in the forums, it says: All times are GMT. so my question is should I b setting the server colock to GMT or EST?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk
    sets to GMT for now
    Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    sets to GMT for now
    edited June 2003
    now Im confused :) so Ill ask again outright, you guys want the server time set to EST or GMT?
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    Just set your local time, then keep changing the forum time till you have the correct time :).
    edited June 2003
    -tk said
    now Im confused :) so Ill ask again outright, you guys want the server time set to EST or GMT?
    I think the server needs to be set to GMT.

If it says "all times are GMT" when you're browsing the forum, it's because you didn't choose what time zone you're in in your profile :)

//edit: for instance, mine says "all times are GMT -5 hours" since I set it to EST. Since the times are now 5 hours slow for me, I take that to mean the forums are set five hours off of what they should be.
    edited June 2003
    General Keebler said
    -tk said
    I think the server needs to be set to GMT.

If it says "all times are GMT" when you're browsing the forum, it's because you didn't choose what time zone you're in in your profile :)

//edit: for instance, mine says "all times are GMT -5 hours" since I set it to EST. Since the times are now 5 hours slow for me, I take that to mean the forums are set five hours off of what they should be.

duh..I just found my controls for timezone

/me slaps self
    edited June 2003
    -tk said
    duh..I just found my controls for timezone

* -tk slaps self
    Yeah, but you still need to set the server to GMT now I think :)
    edited June 2003
    This is basically what I mean by the tables. That will drive me nuts.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    This is basically what I mean by the tables. That will drive me nuts.
    Marc... explain how that occurs and I will look into it :)
    edited June 2003
    When someone attaches an image larger than the table that the post is supposed to fit in.

I think this pic is big enough.;) It should be bigger than the table so it makes it bigger on either side, left and right. Now the left sides do not line up.

See how your post and my post do not line up anymore on the left side.

What a great pic. I had to enlarge it a bit tho.:)
    edited June 2003
    Its a limitation of Vbulletin.

Il limit attachment and IMG width size. Problem solved :)
    edited June 2003
    We never had that problem before. The post just got wider on the right. That was fine. The left side stayed line up.

Is there a way to make the post get wider only on the right?
    edited June 2003
    The forums layout table was 100% on the old Icrontic. This is now set at 85%. That is why it expands both ways. It was the way it was setup.

Il look into it but for the moment, Il restrict width to prevent upset :)
    edited June 2003
    Hmm yes the extra 15% was ad space on the left. So its set up the same except now it has space to go to on the left now. I gotcha.