Icrontic Bytes Archive

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    On Macromedia being bought out by Adobe:

Primesuspect: I hope they don't try to cram adobe's tool interface onto flash and call it a new version. That's my biggest fear.

GHoosdum: My biggest fear is being stripped naked and smeared with dog poo in a crowded city street. But that thing you said, that's a close second.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    "Cliff's Notes:
    -Rome wouldn't uninstall properly
    -Rome now won't install properly
    -Deleted Rome folder
    -Doing this on a second harddrive
    -I'm hungry."

-NiGHTS on his experiences with Rome - Total War. Here's to hoping he got to eat :p
    edited May 2005
    Once when I was selling some meat to a hot chick, we started talking about the center cut pork chops. She didn’t believe how juicy they were, so I rubbed one on my neck so she could lick the juice off.

...I sold a lot of pork chops that day...

--TheSMJ on sales techniques
    edited May 2005
    10 minutes after MiracleManS leaves General Keebler's room:

MiracleManS: I'm sick, I think.
    MiracleManS: I'm really sick...
    MiracleManS: and have a headache.
    MiracleManS: and hiccups.

General Keebler: hiccups? that sounds serious.
    General Keebler: you should have a doctor look at that.
    edited June 2005
    "I'm strange..."
    -CBDroege
    edited June 2005
    FormFactor on Kangaroos:

"... so cute with those thick tails, and badass fighting techniques..."

ProfDLP's response:
    That describes most of the women I've dated...

Found in the Funny Pictures Thread, post #1112
    edited July 2005
    "thaS whwr i got my 3700 form as weel ad afew other thimgs in th pastt. i better gey ogg herre bwfore i post somthijg i whek regret in mkorning"

-mtgoat gets so mad at NewEgg he can't type here in the pub.
    edited July 2005
    I say you clean out one room at Sarcnet. Name it the Doom 2 & Beef Jerky boom boom room.

Setup all the computers to run one of those new Doom2 variants, ZDoom or one of those.

Then stock a cabinet full of beef jerky. During non work hours take staff friends and family in there and eat meat and have a frag fest.

Im so smart sometimes, seriously.

-- Gravite2090 flaunts his vast and magnanimous intellect amongst the plebians.
    edited August 2005
    primesuspect: so why was your internet connection down for 10 days?
    Camman: cause Comcast likes balls
    primesuspect: ah
    primesuspect: yeah, that whole "liking balls" exploit

When people go missing...... it might be because their ISP likes balls..... :ninja:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    profdlp:

"Yikes! I may have a wife and don't even know it."

"Gosh, I hope she's good looking..."

(senior moment?)
    edited August 2005
    taranicole1988: Cool computer-on-a-stick
    Hi everyone! I love new inventions and toys and such, so I'd thought I'd post about a product called "Computer-On-a-Stick", which I just got today. It has its own operating system and everything! I thought someone might want to provide feedback on what they think. Check it out at www.spamspamspam.com

Kwitko:
    I've also got a cool invention. It's called the BanStick™!

Sheriff Kwitko rides again..... :ninja:
    edited August 2005
    OMG!!!! Now I have sweet-n-sour sauce all over my shirt, pieces of broccoli on my monitor, and fried rice coming out my nose, I'm giggling like a circus clown on laughing gas, and my co-workers are looking sorrowfully into my office like the IT guy has finally cracked!

From this point forward we need a warning disclamer on all S-M Bytes! Only trying to save us from lawsuits, and other litigation problems! ...Now pardon me while I get the rest of the fried rice out of my sinus cavity.......................

...RADA on the efficacy of short-media bytes
    edited August 2005
    ...the soulution is simple. Take your ASUS A7N8X and put it in the trash can....

THE END, telling Enk1du how to solve his video card problem once and for all.

No one will ever misunderstand him for being too subtle.

here
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    "So, when you stepped out of the river, the dove of AMD alighted on your shoulder, and bright light from the clouds shone upon your face. And there was the expression of perfect serenity on your face... Did the angels sing?

Beautiful system. I must not read too many threads like this. I want at least another year out of my systems before I spend big bucks."
    - Leonardo getting spiritual :cool:
    edited September 2005
    New member ljCharlie inquires about recovering from a data loss disaster:
    "I accidentally format my hard drive and install Windows OS over it. What is the best software to try to recover my data back?"

Tex responds:
    "If you did a full format not a quick one... you may need something like Harry Potters magic wand. Or someone like the CIA or FBI etc..."

Blunt? Yes.
    True? Yes, probably that too.
    edited September 2005
    GooD comments on progress with fixing problems with his computer's sound system:

Today i've made some other test ...

Good news : No more distortion from rear left speaker :confused:

Bad news : No more sound from rear left speaker :wtf:
    edited October 2005
    "Aye, there's the rub. Every grain of sand has a slight chance of having at one time been part of something very beautiful, however, it has a much greater chance of having once been part of someone's butt-crack.

It's the yin and the yang of pondering in general... The 'universal balance' if you will..."

--CBDroege ponders the meaning of sand.... :ninja:
    edited October 2005
    Pilotwings119 responds to those who would criticize his care of an injured motherboard chipset fan:
    what I do with my fans is MY business!! It's my fan and I'll murder it if I want.
    edited October 2005
    Mizugori on getting away with counterfeiting:

actually you better burn those pieces into ashes then eat the ashes then crap outside and plant something in it... forensics these days, whew, you really gotta re-organize those atoms just to be safe

or you could um, get a job.
    edited November 2005
    In a sparkling moment of leadership and creativity, GHoosdum conceives a new interest group:

I have decided to start my own organization...
    NAFHPWSU: National Association For Hitting People With Sticks, Unprovoked.
    edited November 2005
    Jengo ponders a thread about car accessories gone totally off topic.

"Sooooo.... how did this thread go from talking about stereos to smoking camel pee soaked tabaco?"
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002, commenting on a requirement for his graduate program floated a document for the forums members to rate:

Hey everyone... While I'm not a SVT Member, I do have a decent amount of experience with spyware. I chose to write a research paper about spyware and my recommendation on how to reduce/ remove spyware.

ProfDLP replied:

I opened the document and then started getting popups for fake v1agra!!!!!111
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Hehe, yeah, always start with the least destructive method.

Like, if I said "Maybe change this bios setting, or maybe de-solder your MOSFET power regulators" which one would you want to try first?

"DAMN IT! Better re-solder everything so I can try that BIOS option!"

Khaos on the path of least resistance.... literally
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Crazy for sure.. overclocking is a strange sickness.. Almost as obsessive as folding.. but not quite :D

It is degenerative --> :cool::):(:eek::hair::eek3::crazy::buck:

--lemonlime after performing surgery on his brand new Opteron
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Short Media is like a treasure chest! I find something old, new and awesome everyday!

-Sledgehammer70
    edited February 2006
    "hey guys! thanks for all the help and advice.

man, this is a great forum. I've gotten more answers here than i have in all of the other forums i've asked this question combined!"

--knoxknocks gets the Pentium 930 overclocking help he was looking for :)
    edited February 2006
    Nothing's ever easy.....

drasnor: today's fun activity is trying to get windows to work on my other hard drive
    drasnor: for a change it's been linux that's easy to install and windows is being the bitch

khan: hah, godspeed.
    drasnor signed off at 8:11:39 PM.
    drasnor signed on at 9:07:12 PM.

drasnor: **** it, i'm installing wine
    edited February 2006
    Regarding snuffie....
    rada: my girlfriend will adore Snuffie....
    prime: you may think that.... but snuffie is .... well, he's hard to love
    rada: Really, he seem like a big love in the pics...
    prime: oh he is. he's a very lovable dog
    prime: he loves people
    prime: but he's .... a bit offensive to those with refined senses

rada: Well, no worries there... we're both plesantly unrefined. Plus my girlfriend is a special needs teacher, her patience is monumental...
    prime: well... hahahaha you could consider snuffie to be a dog with special needs. If dogs could be diagnosed with mental disability, I think snuffie would qualify
    edited February 2006
    One of Short-Media's very own designs a wonder CPU that Intel and AMD can only dream about:

"Hey my new Sledgehammer LITT "Leap Into The Trash" CPU has 10 Billion Transitors on a 12nm die" and it uses lazer beams to transfer data!

Sledgehammer70 does not believe the demise of AMD is anywhere in the near future.
    edited March 2006
    skwitko: hold on, banning spammer
    General Keebler: dammit! i was totally on it
    skwitko: sorry :-(
    General Keebler: got him! hahahaha
    skwitko: uh, no you didn't
    General Keebler: alexlopez?
    skwitko: i already banned him
    General Keebler: oh... i guess it doesnt check before it does it
    skwitko: did you just ban my banned user?
    General Keebler: uhhh... guess you better re-ban him to take credit back :-(
    General Keebler: im so ashamed
    skwitko: nah, i already have 60
    skwitko: you can take this one, junior
This discussion has been closed.