Let Me Down
  • Shadow2018Shadow2018 Northwest Missouri
    edited June 2005
    Nine Inch Nails-With Teeth
    The Mars Volta-Frances the Mute
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

This guy has an incredible voice. Without trying to sound cliché, I would call it "haunting".
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

This guy has an incredible voice. Without trying to sound cliché, I would call it "haunting".

nice - reminds me alot of elliot smith, for the mood more than anything else ... just got the rest of the album and looking forward to it ...

Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegitarians
  • kittiekittie michigan Member
    edited June 2005
    Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds :thumbsup:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Led Zepplin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    Led Zepplin - You Shook Me
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    The Lion King - Circle of life
    Cake - Tougher than it is
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2005
    Carissa's Weird - A Loose Hair Falls Into a Glass of Water Without Ice
    PINE*am - Cosmic Glider
    Broken Social Scene - Last Place
  • edited June 2005
    South Park Mexican-ME
    South Park Mexican- I must be to High
    edited June 2005
    Tatsuya Yoshida & Satoko Fuji - Erans

An entire album consisting of one drumset and one piano player. It's pretty cool. A bit chaotic in places, but a lot of give and take between them usually. It's got a lot of free-form jazzy stuff too, which is interesting.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I just got the new Lucero album, "Nobody's Darlings." It's quite good. I think I prefer the last album, "That Much Further West," but this one isn't bad.

promo01.gif

www.luceromusic.com
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    right now im listening to "be my escape" im mostly a rock kinda guy, but the occasional get crunk hip hop is good for dancing with the ladies :thumbsup: i mostly listen to sether, system of a down, good charlotte, linkin park,
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    blind guardian: nightfall in middle earth... its an amazing album for the metal fans
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Jennifer Lopez - Waiting for Tonight
    Seal - Kiss from a Rose
    edited July 2005
    Volta Do Mar - At The Speed Of Light Or Day

I've been listening to albums straight through as I get them, instead of just chucking them in the library, due to the flow they have. This is definitely worth it. No, it isn't The Mars Volta, though they have suspiciously similar names. They sound nothing alike, in fact. To be honest, I much prefer the sound this band has - the whole genre like it, in fact. It's too bad it's going the way of the dodo :(
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    Believe it or not....Weezer and Rivers Cuomo. This site has a lot of great stuff not released/b-sides of their music. Some of this stuff is hidden treasure and other songs are garbage. A lot of these songs are much better then their mainstream songs and the ones with rivers cuomo(the lead singer of weezer) solo-ing are really good too.
  • Zero1Zero1 Independence, MO
    edited July 2005
    DJ GT

31 hours of awesome techno. :thumbsup:
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited July 2005
    Shania Twain- Greatest Hits

I know- I even shocked myself. But selected songs from this album are really quite catchy. I got so sick of her after the last 6-8 years of radio, but there are 3-4 songs where I really have to admit she has a great voice. Maybe that is just good production, but I could never sing like that.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited July 2005
    DJ Dawn - Retroactive 3, Zero, i think i gotcha beat on techno :)
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    The Wallflowers - One Headlight

my new fav song, omg this song rules :)
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    Camman wrote:
    The Wallflowers - One Headlight

my new fav song, omg this song rules :)

I heard a live version of it, very good!
  • edited July 2005
    Listening to a sweet Remix from Overclocked Remix called Zelda 3: Tal Tal something.

It's cool, you should listen to it!
    edited July 2005
    entropy wrote:
    Volta Do Mar - At The Speed Of Light Or Day

I've been listening to albums straight through as I get them, instead of just chucking them in the library, due to the flow they have. This is definitely worth it. No, it isn't The Mars Volta, though they have suspiciously similar names. They sound nothing alike, in fact. To be honest, I much prefer the sound this band has - the whole genre like it, in fact. It's too bad it's going the way of the dodo :(

Where'd you get a Volta Do Mar album?

At the Speed of Light Or Day is one of my most favorite albums to listen to and should really be enjoyed in its entirety. Garg and I saw the band play on Campus Corner in Norman one night and were amazed by their technical wizardry. They truely rock.
    edited July 2005
    OMG yeah. They played in a circle facing each other, and we were standing about three feet from the drummer. Apparently, they had a bigger venue cancel on them in OKC, so they came down to this really intimate venue in Norman and totally rocked.
    edited July 2005
    Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (To String remix by Jongalloway)

This track is an iTunes exclusive remix of one of the best tracks off Sufjan's newest album, Illinois. You can tell it's a Sufjan song, but the IDM backing makes it fall more inline with Postal Service than Sufjan's indie-folk orchestrated style.

The album was released yesterday, but I pre-ordered it and recieved it a month early. Some stores haven't been selling it because DC Comics sent a cease and desist order to the record lable in regards to an image of Superman on the cover of the record. If you look at the iTunes cover art, you'll notice Superman has been removed, but the printed ones still exist.
    edited July 2005
    A few of those went for $100+ on eBay. People didn't realize that they're just the first few - there'll be hundreds. Hate to be the sucker paying for that...

If you like Volta Do Mar, I've got a list for you! :D It's basically my favorite "genre" (though categorizing is usually pointless) of music - post-rock. I think I heard about them through the grapevine, or maybe Amazon's "Similar Artists."

By the way, to find new music (similar to what you really like), here's a few sites:
    http://www.gnoosic.com/tripex.php
    * http://www.music-map.com
    The all-too-obvious (but good) http://www.allmusic.com
    http://www.cokemachineglow.com
    The never-useful, mostly-retarded http://www.pitchforkmedia.com
    *Don't use this site with Firefox. For some reason it freaks, runs really slow, and eats the hell out of your cpu and ram. IE is best.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    currently listening to Initial D the Live Action Movie OST
    edited July 2005
    For the live action movie, Leishi, is it still Super Eurobeat or whatever their name is that did the music for the TV show?
    edited July 2005
    For the live action movie, Leishi, is it still Super Eurobeat or whatever their name is that did the music for the TV show?
    Wasn't Move the band that did the opening/closing songs in the anime?

I'm listening to Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn (Album)
  • cerberuscerberus The Edge Of Madness
    edited July 2005
    Beatallica - Hey Dude
    Arrested Development - Mr Wendle