Photoshop Pro Needed

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited September 2005 in Internet & Media
My mom works at this church and has this beautiful picture of it. One thing though - it has a big white car in it. I need someone to take it out for me. I tried with PS CS2 and it looked horrible. I just need the sidewalk and grass and shadows behind the car, and the car completely gone.

I've attached the original picture.

Please help me! Thanks so much :)

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    You don't ask for much do you? ;D

Just curious, is this for a job?
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited September 2005
    haha yeah this is a hard one I must admit!

No she refuses to pay anyone to do this ;D I'm really sorry, but hopefully someone has some time on their hands to to this.

Thanks
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    I don't usually like doing other peoples work, that's why I asked. It's kinda like expecting someone to do your homework for you just becuase it's "easy" to them..... you know?

I'll give it a shot, kinda bored atm.
    edited September 2005
    Okay then don't post if you're not intersted in helping a PS noob out.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Wouldn't happen to have any other photos of the general area? I don't care about the quality.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    OK I won't help ya then ;) Nevermind my last post.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited September 2005
    Okay then don't post if you're not intersted in helping a PS noob out.

Pilotwings,

if you want help from people, you should consider not being snotty about it. You are likely to get more help that way.

RWB asked a legitimate question: is this a paid job? It would not be the first time that someone was getting paid for a task and then came to a forum to get it done for free.

The task you are asking for help with is very complicated. Using just the pic you provided it would be at least an hour or more of work in PS to clone the areas around the car. Very likely it will not be done in such a way that one cannot notice, not without another pic to work from.

Now that everyone who browses this can see the attitude you display, what do you think your chances are that anyone is going to want to give up hours of their life to help someone with a snotty attitude? Slim, I'd say.

Dexter...
    edited September 2005
    RWB wrote:
    Wouldn't happen to have any other photos of the general area? I don't care about the quality.
    no not really, and thats a horrible part of town. The church is totally out of place downtown. Everything else around it is very run down.
    edited September 2005
    Obviously too much to ask. Thread Closed.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited September 2005
    No, not too much to ask. Someone was even willing to help you. You just chose to display a poor attitude in response. If someone is willing to help you despite that, and you are willing to be more sociable in return, then I will re-open the thread.

Dexter...
    edited September 2005
    I'm learning. Slowly but surely.

I took a wallpaper of the beautful Jessica Simpson (have to have SOMETHING pleasing to work with), and extracted her from it. I then made a gradient background and tried to perfect it. It's still got spots of the old background, but it looks alright.

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled8rv.jpg
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    please post! I need that as my background!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Looks pretty good man, I know that hair can be a real BITCH sometimes :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    BTW you might wanna give something a shot. Since you have a pretty flat colored background, use selective coloring... AKA Chromakey. Use SELECT>COLOR RANGE from you're menu and play around with it. It will select by that specific color, and use fuzzyness to select near color ranges. Then you have a pre-selected background and you can add in a gradient that way, or whatever else you put your imagination too. Of course, you gotta fiddle with it, it may select colors elsewhere like her shirt and stuff too.
    edited September 2005
    yes the hair was hard - i just took some of it out :-D

Thanks for the compliments!!

You might be able to fix it up a little bit more. I'm an idiot and forgot to save a copy in photoshop format :p Oh well. Here's the JPEGs.

extract7uw.th.jpg

extract20db.th.jpg

edit: also, you'll notice the 2nd (edited) one doesn't have Skins.be on it :)
    edited September 2005
    I think this looks cool. Can't see all of my flaws anymore ;D

extract35uq.th.jpg
    edited September 2005
    and here's some funnies. I can't believe I did these because I am a huge Jessica Simpson fan, but they're pretty funny looking :)

original2sd.jpg

edited27rc.jpg

edited32nt.jpg

hahaha I just realized that this last one stunningly resembles Michael Jackson! I didn't even mean to do that... ;D;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    As far as your original task goes... I'd think it would be easier and less resource-intensive to just go back to the church and take a picture of it when no cars are parked there! If cars park there all the time, just have your mother set out road cones to block off the parking spaces as people leave. Then, when they're all empty, take away the road cones and snap the photo.

//edit: Maybe I should have looked at the other threads first...