Options

Spyware Everywhere I Think

Hi ,
I currently use broadband and in the last few weeks I have found that I am unable to access any secure sites like Ebay, Amazon, Expedia. A message comes up saying the page cannot be displayed and suggests that I may need to change my browser settings.I have tried free downloads of Spyware Doctor, SpySweeper etc , which tells me that I have tons of serious problems. Unfortunately when I go to the page to purchase online guess what my computer does not let me and comes up with the same message telling me the page cannot be displayed.

Can anyone offer any advice and is this problem a common one?

I use McAfee security I have been told this is not great.

Can anyone suggest a better way of securing my computer from all the crap out there?

Many Thanks
Kenny

Comments

• Shadow2018Shadow2018 Northwest Missouri
    edited September 2005
    I suggest you post a Hijack This log in the SVT Forum so one of the mods can take a look at it.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited September 2005
    Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, check the following:

Tools -> Intenet Options -> Advanced.

Scroll down to Security. Look for Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0. Make sure both are turned on (have a check mark beside them.) If they do not, then turn them on, click Apply, and OK. Close all Internet Explorer windows, then relaunch and try again.

If they are both checked, then you may have another problem. Let us know.

Dexter...
  • edited September 2005
    Hi Dexter.

tried this and still get the same message

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Can you suggest anything else

Thanks Kenny
  • edited September 2005
    KennyY wrote:
    Hi ,
    I currently use broadband and in the last few weeks I have found that I am unable to access any secure sites like Ebay, Amazon, Expedia. A message comes up saying the page cannot be displayed and suggests that I may need to change my browser settings.I have tried free downloads of Spyware Doctor, SpySweeper etc , which tells me that I have tons of serious problems. Unfortunately when I go to the page to purchase online guess what my computer does not let me and comes up with the same message telling me the page cannot be displayed.

Can anyone offer any advice and is this problem a common one?

I use McAfee security I have been told this is not great.

Can anyone suggest a better way of securing my computer from all the crap out there?

Many Thanks
    Kenny

Hi Shadow,

Can you assist me with the correct hyperlink to Hijack This. The ones I have tried tell me I have loads of problems and then ask me to buy their softwear. I can't do this because of the problem I have prevents me going onto any secure sites. I get the same error message -

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Many Thanks

Kenny
    edited September 2005
    Click the link in my signature that says Security Downloads Page. You will find Hijack This available there. Also download Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 and Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4

Then follow the first 2 posts of this thread:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14915

Dexter...
  • edited September 2005
    Hi Dexter,

I tried to download Hijack This but I received error message -

The compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted
    I had no problem downloading Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search & Destroy as they were not zipped.

Any ideas?

Kenny Y
    edited September 2005
    I just downloaded it on someone's computer the other day and had no problem. Please try again. If you still have problems, then you can download it from dozens of different places.

Dexter...
  • edited September 2005
    Hi Dexter,

Success
    Here is my problems via Hijack This-

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 19:25:34, on 28/09/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE
    c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe
    C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
    C:\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mediafour\XPlay\XPTRYICN.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MACVNTFY.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Picture Package\Picture Package Menu\SonyTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Picture Package\Picture Package Applications\Residence.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Lorraine\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QOZ2PZSL\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/gen/default.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/gen/default.htm
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.mynextsearch.com/sidesearch.asp
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\System\panels\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo
    R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
    O2 - BHO: McAfee Privacy Service Helper Object - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BuildBU] c:\dell\bldbubg.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Guardian] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe /SU
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] c:\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour XPlay Tray Notification Icon] C:\Program Files\Mediafour\XPlay\XPTRYICN.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour Mac Volume Notifications] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MACVNTFY.EXE" /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STManager] "C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe" -b
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [System Services] jnhamqpz.exe
    O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package Menu.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package VCD Maker.lnk = ?
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Wanadoo - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll/VSearch.htm
    O9 - Extra button: My Next Search - Toolbar - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: My Next Search - Toolbar - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Privacy Bar - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-gb/4,0,0,76/mcinsctl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-gb/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{04E45299-5389-42F1-8BBA-C38F606B585F}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: MacDrive-iTunes compatibility - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MacDriveiTunesPatch.dll
    O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (GuardDogEXE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE" /SERVICE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
    O23 - Service: SpywareCleanerService - Secure Computer, LLC - C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SCService.exe

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Kenny Y
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Sorry about the long delay. We're working on beefing up our SWAT TEAM staff. Do you still need help with this issue?

If so, make sure you read the instructions here, and post an updated HJT log, and someone will take care of you very soon.

Thanks for your patience!

:)
  • edited September 2005
    Hi Guys,

Have run Ad -Aware SG Personal 1.06 - No Problems Detected

Then ran Spybot S&D 1.4 - 19 problems - 2 fixed, restarted pc and still left with 17 -
    Cool WWW Search,. BadZoneMap
    Cool WWW Search.Leftovers
    Cool WWW Search.Mupdate
    CoolWWW Search.Toolband
    Smitfraud-C

Then Ran Hijackthis -

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 21:39:36, on 30/09/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
    c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe
    C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mediafour\XPlay\XPTRYICN.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MACVNTFY.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Picture Package\Picture Package Menu\SonyTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Picture Package\Picture Package Applications\Residence.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    c:\program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe
    c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mghtml.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\DOCUME~1\Lorraine\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/gen/default.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/gen/default.htm
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.mynextsearch.com/sidesearch.asp
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\System\panels\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo
    R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
    O2 - BHO: McAfee Privacy Service Helper Object - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BuildBU] c:\dell\bldbubg.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Guardian] C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe /SU
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] c:\paprport\pptd40nt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour XPlay Tray Notification Icon] C:\Program Files\Mediafour\XPlay\XPTRYICN.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour Mac Volume Notifications] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MACVNTFY.EXE" /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STManager] "C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe" -b
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Cleaner] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Cleaner\SpywareCleaner.Exe" /boot
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [System Services] jnhamqpz.exe
    O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package Menu.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package VCD Maker.lnk = ?
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Wanadoo - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll/VSearch.htm
    O9 - Extra button: My Next Search - Toolbar - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: My Next Search - Toolbar - {1CBF31FC-3C23-4BA6-AF16-2CEC501BD837} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Privacy Bar - {cc4b2ee5-4803-11d7-8a38-00b0d0c6b814} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GDIEHELP.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-gb/4,0,0,76/mcinsctl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://bin.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-gb/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{04E45299-5389-42F1-8BBA-C38F606B585F}: NameServer = 195.92.195.94 195.92.195.95
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: MacDrive-iTunes compatibility - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MacDriveiTunesPatch.dll
    O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (GuardDogEXE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Privacy Service\GUARDDOG.EXE" /SERVICE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
    O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe

Hope you can help

Best Wishes
    Kenny Y
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited September 2005
    Those SpyBot entries are most likely false positives. Did you download Spyware Shooter?

download Ewido Security Suite
    • Install ewido security suite
    • When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
      • Install background guard
      • Install scan via context menu
    • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
    • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
      • On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
      • Then click on Start Update.
    • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
      (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
    • Now, scan with it by clicking 'Scanner' on the left and choosing 'Complete System Scan'
  • edited September 2005
    KennyY wrote:
    Hi ,
    I currently use broadband and in the last few weeks I have found that I am unable to access any secure sites like Ebay, Amazon, Expedia. A message

get zonealarm and if you set it up correctly youll never get that bull **** again/ i also highly suggest spybot search and destroy / adaware / microsoft anti spyware/try running all of these once and turning them all off (no auto detection bs) then run system mechanic by iolo.com run each aspect of the program (but do not touch the duplicate file button ever!!!!!) download all these programs into a single file or onto a disk turn off your computer unplug your online then reboot and run everthing. zonealarm last you will find a lot of stuff and then set your browser to something like yahoo or google then plug in the broadband and youll be surfin like youve never seen
    all these can be free downloaded but youll wanna buy zone alarm and system mechanic and for gods sake never use that **** your using again that mcafee **** is a virus if for some reason what ive said doesnt work for you contact me directly im at mertdirts@yahoo.com