SM30_Teta_Melebeck - Signup CLOSED!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Announcing A New SMx Computer!
:celebrate SM30_Teta_Melebeck :celebrate
:smokin:

A while back our teammate (and current #1 point leader) csimon lost his mother after a long battle with heart disease. It is a great privilege to announce that our latest SMx rig will be named in honor of Marie Helen "Teta" Melebeck. As we are once again reminded just why it is that we participate in this important research project, let us all work to maximize our efforts. Together, we can all make a difference in the world.

If you meet the qualifications for hosting one of our team's SMx machines, why not sign up to be a candidate? You could be the one chosen to house this Folding rig in your home, not to mention having that extra Folding sig to show off your status as one of Team 93's elite group of SMx Hosts.

The Hosting Requirements and Selection Process are available on the team page. Please look them over carefully before signing up.

If you feel you meet the requirements and are willing to sign the contract, throw your name in the hat by posting in this thread and giving us some details about your hosting conditions (connection, environment, etc.) and your computer ability that would mark you as a suitable host for this special SMx Folding machine.

Here's what we have going for this special rig:
SM30_Teta_Melebeck Specs:

Motherboard: Abit NF7-S (V1.2)
CPU: Athlon XP Barton 2500+
Hard Drive: To Be Determined*
Display Adapter: Guillemot 3D Prophet DDR-DVI 32MB AGP (nVidia GeForce 256)
Memory: To Be Determined*
NIC: Onboard NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Case: A Brand-New Case & PSU will be shipped directly to the new host

*We just received some great new parts for the SMx Project which are undergoing testing.

If you happened upon this thread by accident and wonder what it is exactly that Folding hopes to accomplish, check out Join Folding for a quick summary of the F@H Project. Like many of us here, you could put your spare computer cycles to work for the betterment of mankind. Won't you consider joining us? :wave:

Sign up soon. We will give you plenty of notice before the signup period is closed and the SMx Committee vote is taken.

As per our new policy, there are no geographical limitations on hosting eligibilty.

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. Memory (PC1600 or greater) and Motherboards are in extremely short supply. To keep this project going we need your help.

Good luck, everybody! :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Sledgehammer70 wants in :)

My Work area is set up with over 15 PC connections already! I am on a Fiber Connection 15D-5U my Computeer room is always at a constant 76 degrees, as I have to stay cool when I work! :)

I have allot of room for more towers and would be happy to host a SMX rig :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Sledgehammer70 wants in :) ...
    It only took two minutes for the first person to sign up - that may be a new SMx record! :D

You're in, buddy - now who else wants a shot? :thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Oh man whoever gets this better take good care of her!
    Thanks for the supersize smiley prof!!!!!!!!
    edited October 2005
    I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that our teammate Kwitko donated the Abit NF7-S and the Barton 2500+. This is the second HUGE contribution he's made to the SMx Project. Along with the generous donations received from other members we are able to keep this program going. With another major infusion of new parts just arriving this week (look for a "Thank You" thread soon!), it's safe to say that we should have another rig coming out soon after this one finds a good home.

This rig is going to put up some major points - thanks again, buddy. :respect:
    edited October 2005
    Am I the only one? where is everyone?
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    Looks like theres going to be a winner already at this rate!

BUMP!!!
    edited October 2005
    :) I can only hope :)
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited October 2005
    I'll throw my name in the hat. I recently upgraded my internet to 15Mbps download and 2Mbps upload so there is no problem with internet service, also i have alot of room and plenty of slots on my switch for it. May the best canidate win. Also I have my A+ Certification and i'm currently working towards my Network +. I have been messing around with computers since i was about 10 years old.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited October 2005
    Im in.

Im taking over the QA lab, well Im building the QA lab so... hope to get some full time 24/7 folders, some the company wont steal from me.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    !!!Alright!!!

Sledgehammer70
    MaximusBad
    Gobbles

Who else?
    edited October 2005
    This NF7-S and Barton 2500+ are just begging for a new home. We've got three of Team 93's stalwarts already in - who's next? :D
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited October 2005
    I would like to submit my name for the latest SMx computer.

I have Time Warner cable internet connection, with an open port on my Linksys router. I have 1 bedroom set aside strictly for my 2 Folding computers Thats where SM 30 would reside. No one else has access to my computers.

While I have no formal computer education, I did build all 3 of my computers.
    My Folding score and my slowly climbing rank will show that I am in this for the long haul.

Thank you;
    Dragstk
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Ill throw my name in, Why not!

Cable internet and it will have it nice little spot right next to my main PC

I can oc the hell out of that 2500+ barton in a abit NF7-S
    edited November 2005
    :fold:Sledgehammer70
    :fold: MaximusBad
    :fold: Gobbles
    :fold: Dragstk
    :fold: Gnomewizardd

Five fine Folding hopefuls. :thumbsup:

Two days left to throw your hat in the ring. :D
    edited November 2005
    this is a great lineup so far! :thumbsup:
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited November 2005
    I have room :)
    edited November 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    :fold:Sledgehammer70

Five fine Folding hopefuls. :thumbsup:

Two days left to throw your hat in the ring. :D

Wow what an honor to be considered :thumbsup:
    edited November 2005
    Aanyone Esle??? Great group of guys, but the more the merrier...

:fold: Sledgehammer70
    :fold: gtghm
    edited November 2005
    I'm getting excited :)

Profdlp,

need any Semperon / Athlon XP Mobo's I think I might have a few that can find there way to you. I also have a handful of CD drives and PSU's "all ATX 350w or higher"
    edited November 2005
    If I am correct Prof doesnt handle the parts, ( I think Kwitco does I may be wrong on that tho )
    edited November 2005
    Kwitco use to be the parts manager... Prof is now the Part Man-a-ger.
    edited November 2005
    Wow I stand Corrected! LOL
    edited November 2005
    :) I though Prof was.... I saw a few posts of him looking for items and thanking people for their donations...
    edited November 2005
    :) I though Prof was.... I saw a few posts of him looking for items and thanking people for their donations...
    Prof thanks everyone for everything. That's just Prof. That's what he does and that's why we keep him around. Like a cheerleader if you will.

*insert photochop here* ;D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    csimon wrote:
    Prof thanks everyone for everything. That's just Prof. That's what he does and that's why we keep him around. Like a cheerleader if you will.

*insert photochop here* ;D

Is that why i'd seen a photo of him with a "lipstick", i think. ;D

The cheerleader part conjures up some good pictures in my mind. :D
    edited November 2005
    ...need any Semperon / Athlon XP Mobo's I think I might have a few that can find there way to you...
    YES! We have more CPU's than MB's right now. Poor unloved CPU's which could be Folding soon if they had a MB and RAM. Send me a PM for details. :D
    I also have a handful of CD drives and PSU's "all ATX 350w or higher"
    That's a nice offer, but we have tons of each of those. Normally we wouldn't mind adding anything to our stockpile of parts, but since we've been shipping new cases and PSU's with each rig, coupled with the fact that most hosts temporarily provide a cdrom drive for the OS installation, we'd hate to see you spend money on the postage for parts which may not be used in the foreseeable future. :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2005
    Good to see some people throwing their name in the hat. It is going to be a beast. Goodluck to all that apply.
    edited November 2005
    Hmmmm...... Prof WAS a Cheerleader once.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18038&stc=1
    edited November 2005
    Oh, my... :rolleyes:

Looks like a stunt double from This Is Spinal Tap... :mullet:
    edited November 2005
    I have a 256 stick of crucial 2100 i gotta get RMA'd and stick of 2700 OC systems xpiditious gamer ram to RMA when i do they will be urs prof!