Welcome Venz_Dirge to team 93!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Folding@Home
One of three new members today, and couldn't have come at a better time! Thanks for joining as we race back to the top 10! :)

:smokin:

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Welcome and thanks for joining. :thumbsup:
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited November 2005
    Thanks! Awesome...not here 2 days and Primesuspect has acknowledged my existance! I'm halfway through the door to Nirvana and Holding it for ya brother.

Hi, First time poster acually got here by way of doing a search for I belive it was "awesome SLI screensaver" ...ended up reading about folding....
    Now i'm running my new system (4 days old)...I have it folding for #93..

mb-Asus A8n-sli delux
    proc- AMD64 x2 3800+
    1 gig of some ram i got for 40 bucks from a friend.
    and a Nvida 6800 thd PCI-E vid card.

-
    My old system finally melted after being overclocked for about 3 years for playing an old FPS game (tribes2) (and running the Seti thang)

-Anyway- new to the site...new to folding...new to hands on overclocking...

what's the best approach to ocing this system while keeping it stable?
    I set up the non graphic folder as a service...according to taskmanager my cpu utilzation is never going higher that 50%,
    I'm gone for much of the day- How can i assure it kicks up to oh say 90% folding when I'm not around?
    -can i shut down folding if I have a critical app session...say a FPS tourney match? - How?
    - My stats show I'm useing 1 cpu....does a duel core count as 1?
    -Are all my off topic questions gettiung annoying yet?
    -howabout now?
    -seriously though- How do i begin a sentance without useing the -?
    - nevermind i think i figured it out...
    Wo0t I'm r33t now!

thanks for any and all advice.

BTW I plan to begin recruiting all my teammembers for #93 as soon as i understand with some level of not stupidness what I'm talking about

If this is better off moved to someother area, that's cool, but could you let me know where? (venz.dirge (at) gmail.com )
    (wifes calling me...)

be well.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Dual cores are like 2 cpu's. You will need to set up another instance of folding.

How? My wife, Sally does that for me. :)

I know she set it up on my X2 3800 with 2 consoles. 2 different folders with the same content, called number1 and number2.

Use the same folding name, team #93, etc.

Someone with more knowledge will add to this thread and advise you i'm sure.

Have fun. :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Welcome to the team... Glad to here that you are joining us in our project.

To run F@H on a Dual CPU, or Dual Core....

1- Setup two directories (e.g. "F@H1" & "F@H2").
    2- For each F@H Directory, Copy "FAH502-Console.exe" into each directory
    3- For each F@H Directory, Create a shortcut of "FAH502-Console.exe" and name is "Configonly"
    4- Right click on the shortcut and select properties.
    5- In the "Target" field, add (don't erase anything) "{space}-configonly". It should look similar to this ""C:\Program Files\F@H\F@H1\FAH502-Console.exe" -configonly"
    6- Double Click on the short cut and go through the configuration.
    7- When asked if you want the "Change advanced Options", say yes. The last selection is "Machine ID". Make that "1".
    8- Follow Steps 6 & 7 but change the Machine ID to equal "2".

That's it. I have one F@H directory in the Program Files directory. Then I made a F@H1 and a F@H2 directory. Cool?
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited November 2005
    Welcome to the team :thumbsup:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Welcome to the ever famous team #93 I'm going to have to say you’re going to love it here, super friendly environment, and tons of knowledge in these forums.

Your going to love that X2 3800 I just got my 4800+ X2 up and ruining last night, and that thing is cranking WU's out like no tomorrow.
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited February 2009
    Sadly Venz_Dirge will be ramping down production.
    Health Issues have me supporting few systems these days, and most likely I will stop showing any Production within the next few months.

It has been fun to Lurk your forums, and you all are a great group of poeple, I wish you all the best.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Venz, do what you can do. We respect you whether your production 1 point or 1M.

Sorry to hear about the health problems. Please do log in to forums for support from your friends!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    As I always said... every point is worth something and brings us close to cures. You've been folding for over 3 years. That is a good run. Thanks... :respect:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the contributions, Venz! Also, don't feel like you need to stop hanging out at IC just because you stopped folding. We're your online family :)