The new Host for SM30_Teta_Melebeck....

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Ok ...here goes!

I just wanted to first say thanks to the staff and members who participate in this work. And thanks for dedicating a rig to my mom. I hope to have points on the board so I can show them off at Thanksgiving!

And without futher adue

It is my privelege to announce the recipient of the latest smx rig.

The Host of SM30_Teta_Melebeck is now ...

MAXIMUSBAD!

Congratulations and I know you'll take good care her! :thumbsup:

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats, Maximusbad!!! This is a sweet rig with special meaning. Take good care of her.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    CONGRATS Maximusbad.... You've been around for almost a year and in that time, you have thrown your hat into the SMX ring over 10 times!!!! You have been patient and you deserve this honor. Take GOOD care of her!!!! :thumbsup:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    SMx host welcome to the club :thumbsup:

club fees are due on the 1st ;D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats Man!!! :thumbsup: Keep her purrin like a kitten and churnin in wu's!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congratulations, Maximusbad! :thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Congratulations Maximusbad. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the SMx project.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats, As Much as I wanted to run her, I know you will take good care of her :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    To the good Team 93 member candidates who have not yet been selected:

Be of good cheer. Your day will come. If you are loyal, technically competent, demonstrate helpfullness at the forums, and meet other requirements (age, stability, 24/7 broadband connection), you will eventually get selected. It's actually very difficult sometimes for the committee to select a host. Often we have a full roster of candidates, all of whom qualify and would be good choices. Much of our ranking (voting) criteria is objective; but a large component of each committee member's decision will be based on subjective factors. We wish the process could be entirely objective, but it can't. You prospective hosts keep a good attitude, stay active in the Team and in help forums, and keep competing for new SMx rollouts. You will eventually will be honored.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    Congrats, Maximusbad!!! This is a sweet rig with special meaning. Take good care of her.
    That says it for me, too. :thumbsup:

Max, we're not supposed to talk about SMx votes, but if you knew how close you came on so many occasions you would know that all the "hang in there, your day will come" stuff was not just hyperbole.

It's your day - SMx fame awaits you. :D

For those who may have suffered temporary disappointment, take a look at Max; we have more computers on the way - your day shall arrive as well! :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    For those who may have suffered temporary disappointment, take a look at Max ;we have more computers on the way - your day shall arrive as well! :)

Thanks for that prof ...I wanted to say just that same thing but couldn't find the words.

Congrats to you MAX! :smokin:

The rest of you hang in there ...you're day will come! :fold:
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited November 2005
    Thanks alot guys and I'll do my best job to get her up and running ASAP and keep her going strong and turning in wu's to further our knowledge about these diseases and help us learn ways to better fight them. Thank you all for your support and your vote to allow me to host an SMx rig. It is a great honor to host a rig in dedication to Csimon's mother. Csimon i'll take good care of her and will get pics up as soon i get her online. Prof if you need my info please send me a PM.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2005
    Congrats!
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited November 2005
    Awsome, congrats dude :thumbsup:
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited November 2005
    A very hearty congratulations, Maximus!!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep her running strong

:smokin:

Dragstk
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Congratulations Maximusbad, now the fun really starts. :D

Commiserations to the unlucky applicants, keep your chins up, Prof is promising more SMx rigs in the pipeline. :)

Crypto :D
  • edited November 2005
    Congratulations Max! :thumbsup: It's a great honor to be chosen and also a great responsibility too that we hope you will be able to hold up proudly in hosting this rig, named for csimon's Mom.

Like others have said before to the other volunteers for hosting, just because you weren't chosen this time, don't get discouraged. There will be more machines coming down the pipeline for hosting. The SMX committee has been doing a wonderful job of getting new machines out, which is no small task (believe me, I've been in their shoes) and I commend them for their efficiency and enthusiasm. :thumbsup:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited November 2005
    Congratulations Maximusbad! I know SM_30 has found a good home! :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats, Maximusbad! :thumbsup:
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited November 2005
    congrats
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2005
    Congrats Maximusbad, I know you will do a fine job of keeping it running strong. IC13 sends its best wishes, and welcome to the family :thumbsup:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited November 2005
    Congrats Maximusbad :thumbsup:
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congratulations Maximusbad. I'm sure you will care for SM30 as if she were your own. :thumbsup:

Well done to the committee for choosing what can only be another fine candidate and all you guys for providing so much suspense, fun and humour that has made this and it's related threads an absolute blast to read ;D

Rock on TEAM 93 :rockon:
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Winga wrote:
    Well done to the committee for choosing what can only be another fine candidate and all you guys for providing so much suspense, fun and humour that has made this and it's related threads an absolute blast to read ;D

Rock on TEAM 93 :rockon:

Nice post Winga

Crypto
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    It was quite fun!
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2005
    Congrats.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited November 2005
    Got the motherboard and other parts tonight, just waiting for the case now.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats max, :thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Case should be there Monday, maximus :)

UPS tracking says arrival on the 21st :thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Thanks Brian.

Yesterday was mom's 78th birthday. I scanned my pic of her and here it is ...this was taken 60 years ago!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    wow! 60 years ago!