Re-birth announcement

CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
I am pleased to report that as of 01AM GMT, Icrontic7/SM7 is folding again. :celebrate

Got home from work yesterday evening to find a nice flat package from the USA. Hurrah!

Thinking to emulate DoctorGeo's 30 minute startup, I set to work straight away. Trouble is, Thursday night is Crypto's night down the pub. :beer:
Come on chaps, you can't expect me to be that dedicated! ;)

So, after a pint or three of Bishops Farewell( ABV 4.6%) came home about ten and resumed work. Three hours later after a few attempts to get Windows to load properly, she's running. :D:D:D

I was up again at 6 to go to work and thought I had already posted this announcement but I must have dreamt it. :(
However, I didn't dream about SM7, she's crunching away on a 246 point Tinker, should finish tomorrow at about 6PM. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Crypto :smokin:

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Cheers my man :beer: a worthy effort :D

Great to see another UK SMx box folding away. You join Necropolis in the hallowed halls of UK SMx folders :D
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited November 2005
    Wahoo!!!! Yeah baby!! Let's get our team 93 numbers rising! :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2005
    Great job, Crypto! :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    !!! AWESOME !!! While not as dedicated as DocGeo (or as sober ;D ), you did a GREAT job getting her up and running quickly. I look forward to seeing her first completed WU under your tutelage. :thumbsup:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited November 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    While not as dedicated as DocGeo...

I don't know if I'd go that far!! Anybody that can have a few pints of beer, finish building a computer, install Windows, and get it folding seems pretty dedicated to me! :thumbsup:

Not to mention that he *stopped* drinking to do this!! :wow: :banghead:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    True... Since I never drink, I forgot to factor in the metal prowess needed to drag yourself from the pub to go work on a PC... That taken into account....

AWESOME job!!!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Cheers my man :beer: a worthy effort :D

Great to see another UK SMx box folding away. You join Necropolis in the hallowed halls of UK SMx folders :D
    Let's not forget Jimborae and SM12. :ukflag:

Great job, Crypto - glad to see everything up and running. :D
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    mmmmmmmmm being able to put a rig together after a pint or THREE.... finishing up at 1 in the morning and getting SM7 cranking out the points without a hitch.... :wow:

You're a better man than me Crypto, you're a better man than me. I would have stayed in the Pub :D

Congrats on getting SM7 folding again.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Congrats, crypto :)

Thanks for getting IC7 up so quickly and so .... expertly :wtf:;D
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Now listen chaps ;)

The secret we Brits have in all aspects of world domination is in fact the ability to consume and survive large quantities of English Ale.

Now Bothered may disagree slightly here with me because he gets confused with tea and ale. Silly bunt!!

English ale deafens one to the roaring hurricane of a retail heat sink fan and a crappy case that lesser mortals would have a problem squeezing microbial life through, let alone decent air flow.

However, having had my supply of English Ale last thursday, I am now painfully aware of the short-comings of the crappy case and fans that I obtained for IC7.

Tomorrow, Saturday will see some serious modding to the fan grills and some reduction of voltage to the fans.

Ale consumption resumes on Saturday evening when Mrs Crypto has arrange a meet with a mate so Lord help us on Sunday, hope I've fixed the fans by then. :)

Cheers

Crypto :smokin:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    The secret we Brits have in all aspects of world domination is in fact the ability to consume and survive large quantities of English Ale.
    Rule Britannia! :D

You've made us proud. Get the problems sorted before you return for ale. Does your local pub also have wonderful, rich, manly stout?
    edited November 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Rule Britannia! :D

You've made us proud. Get the problems sorted before you return for ale. Does your local pub also have wonderful, rich, manly stout?
    Every pub does :D
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited November 2005
    Crypto wrote:
    So, after a pint or three of Bishops Farewell( ABV 4.6%)

Well im more partial to Sarah hugh's dark ruby mild (ABV 6.0%) or Arran Blonde (ABV 5.0%) but nether the less :beer:

Congrats on gettin sm7 folding again i'm sure u'll do a supurb job
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Blimey,
    this is turning in to a bit of a beer thread! :beer:

Red Dawn, I would agree with the Sarah Hughes, It comes to my local two or three times a year and is very popular. A tad strong at 6% :wtf:

Leo, I think you might like this one.

Shorty, I presume you're a guinness fan?

Back on topic, SM7 is just about an hour away from posting her first WU under my care, and would you believe it, I think my router's on the blink. :mad:

Been on to my cable company and had 30 minutes struggling to understand the bloke form the Indian Call centre. Upshot is that SM7 is now the only PC chez Crypto that has an internet connection. Can't miss uploading the first WU ;D

I have to phone the cable company (NTL) after a few hours to see if my intermittent connection problems have been resoved.

Cheers

Crypto :D
    edited November 2005
    NTL are the scourge, I know.. Im a customer as well! :(

But it's first WU has been uploaded and that's dedication man, that's dedication.

Have a guinness extra cold on me son :beer::D