IDE Drives wont get detected on Raid0

edited November 2005 in Hardware
I have a weird problem and just cant find a fix for it anywhere :(. So hopefully i can find some help here.

I bought a bunch of computerparts and built them together and the first boot worked fine. So before installing windows, i wanted to setup my 2 hard drives on RAID 0 ( system specs will follow ). I got the Drive array and everything configured right...at least thats what i think :P , but after rebooting the bios wouldnt detect my harddrive and even had/have trouble detecting my cd drive. I kinda thought i need to install the raid drivers in order to be detected...so i installed windows and hit f6 when i needed to and istall the drivers. So far everything worked fine...after the restart...when windows wanted to load. It still did not detect the harddrives and on top of that, i would get a mup.sys error while loading windows and the computer would reboot by itself.
So, this is where i am at now and I guess i get the mup.sys error cause the bios wont/cant detect the drives.
Oh, another intresting thing is, when i manually go in the bios and have him auto detect the primary master and slave drive, it does not have i problem finding those two drives...but after the next reboot, they wont automatically show up.
Anybody have any idea why my bios wont detect the harddrives after installing raid0? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Specs:
Motherboard DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
Bios date: 6/23/05 NF
CPU 3700+ ATHLON 64 939P RT San Diego
Memory CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory
Videocard HIS Hightech Radeon X800GTO IceQ II Turbo HX80GOQT256-3TOEN
Soundcard Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCI
Harddrives 2x Western Digital Caviar SE 320GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100
PSU ASPIRE ATX-AS520W

Comments

• IamMrRayIamMrRay Otis, MA
    edited November 2005
    I did a little research on that.

MUP (Multiple UNC Provider) it does stuff like handle how the kernel does things with remote file system operations through the use of UNC...time to figure out what that is.... :p:p:p:p .......it stands for Universal Naming convention. So the mup.sys file you are having trouble with basically is responsible for doing stuff like allowing the system to find (a) file(s) over a network in a shared folder. mup also has the microsoft DFS(distributed file system) client in it. The microsoft DFS client is what makes a hierarchy out of a bunch of servers and keeps everything orgainized in "a tree like structure--MSDN". Unless you are running a huge SAN or something i dont think that is the case. but it is however responsible for keeping the way files are stored organized. therefore something probably got messed up when the array was made so maybe you made a mistake by accident w/ some of the configurations or something :confused: ? either way, someone here might have their MCITP or a MCSA and they will definitely know. This will go to the recent forums and a bunch of people will see it so someone who knows their stuff will help you out dude.

My opinion if ur in a rush and dont care: use the recovery console to replace the file.