Just dropping in...

t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Wow. It’s been quite some time since I have dropped in to say hello.

It is fantastic to see that everyone is still dedicated to folding@home and that it hasn’t fallen by the wayside.

Life is rough and the last six months have been very difficult for my wife and I.
After battling breast cancer last year, her aunt is experiencing complications.
A close friend is going through kimo and radiation for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma diagnosed 4 weeks ago.
My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
My uncle was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery. He is recovering now.
Last night we found out that my aunt has kidney cancer. She is having a CT scan today and surgery on Wednesday. We are hoping that the cancer has not spread to any other organs as we think that the cancer was not caught at an early stage.

:(

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    That is sad news, t1. You should know we're here for you, as any good family always is. Thank you for dropping in.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    And thus, we fold :(

Thanks for stopping in, T1. It's good to see you. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad news :(
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Hey T1 ...ltns! Sorry to hear about all of the tragedy.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Just saw your name the other day somewhere in the forums. Good to see you drop in. You're still family. I said a prayer for your relatives.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Good to hear from you again, although it would have been nice if it was on better terms.

Best of luck to you and your family. I know how tough it can be.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Make sure you get yourself checked out too, it seems Cancer follows your family around.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited November 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    Make sure you get yourself checked out too, it seems Cancer follows your family around.

Thankfully my wife and I take care of ourselves, but you never know when it comes to genetics.
    I am going to book an appointment to get checked out for the beginning of the year.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Folding for a cure.... You and your family are in my prayers. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Good to hear from you, man. :)

Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes with your family members. Help is on the way.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited November 2005
    Really sorry to hear about all the bad news t1 :( .. I hope that things will begin to take a turn for the better.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    T1.. one of the original! :D

I wish your visit was under better circumstances though :(

Take care of your family mate and keep yourself in good health :)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Good to see you're still around, t1. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear things are not too good. :(

Hopefully one day, all these problems will be a thing of the past.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited November 2005
    Nice to see you T1,
    just wish it were under better circumstances.
  • edited November 2005
    Sorry to hear about the family health thing. I hope everything works out great.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited November 2005
    wow thats a lot of cancer in your family... :( sorry to hear about it. Hopefully there are new break throughs and treatments that can get rid or control it for a long time to come. Good to see you around.... Hope this is the worst of it for you and that things start getting better. Happy Holidays

"g"
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2005
    Good to see you around again t1, I as well wish it would be under better circumstances.

Best wishes to everyone around you!

Take care, Chris!