Significant milestones, significant strides...

JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
edited September 2003 in Milestones
This may very well belong in the Milestones sub-forum, but I thought I'd take the chance on putting this out here where more of us will see it.

There are good things happening all around, folks.

I see that Vicodin has now broken 100k! Quite an outstanding accomplishment, I must say.

I also see that muddocktor is about four days away from breaking 100k!

This, in and of itself, is greatly significant; however, it has an equally great significance in the fact that once muddocktor reaches 100k, the top 5 folders for Team Short-Media will all have greater than 100,000 points! That is HUGE folks! I mean, a lot of us here remember the bygone days of a year and a half ago when our #1 folder only had a few thousand points! My, how things have changed...

In addition to all of these wonderful things, Jumpin'_Jack has started up the fold again; and, as a result, he's going to be breaking the 200k barrier in just three or four short days! Damn, JJ , you just never say die. Keep it up, ya bastard, 'cause I'm right behind you! :vimp:

Speaking of little old me , I'll be breaking 150k in a few short hours. :hiding:

Add all of these wonderful things that are afoot to the fact that, with JJ's triumphant return, and the recent massive point production increases from MikeP928 , t1rhino Vicodin , andmyself (not to mention the ever astonishing contributions of csimon ), Team Short-Media now has SIX members contributing over 5000 points every week!

That is, by the way, a record for us. We've never had that many members cranking out that many points on any given week.

We are adding new members every week, we're getting big point production increases from long-time members, and we're also benefitting in countless ways from all of the other consistent, loyal, members of our folding team -- many of whom contribute time to this forum, or parts or money to the team fund, or endure physical discomfort to run their system(s) during the long, hot, summer, or pay extra money per month to run their systems 24/7, or any number of countless other sacrifices that are too numerous to list.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at here is that this is a tremendous group of people we've got here. We have a common purpose, a common goal, and that purpose, ultimately, is not self-serving, it is, in fact, self-less; and that may just be the most wonderful thing of all to come out of all this.

So, I say 'Well done and good show' to us all and may we fold on, evermore....

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Yeah! This team rocks! :fold: on!
    Let's make Ars Technica realize we're not some push over team . . . if they want to take our spot they're gonna have to fight for it!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    What I like is this graph.

production.php?TeamID=93

Of course thats because of all those mentioned above and many, Many more great members folding their arses off.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I believe our points will take a jump in the next month or so with all the peeps returning to college and convincing friends to run F@H.

Way to go team!