gggggrrrr need email help

edited December 2005 in Science & Tech
i need help, advice... maybe a blowtorch? my outlook express 6 keeps sending me the same 2 emails, and this is after a few of hours of waiting to get them. i now have over 100 emails waiting for me and its very frustrating. i've been downloading these messages since last friday. i do not get any error messages none whatsoever. i've even let the dumb thing run overnight and i get nothing but the same 2. i do have an older machine and i use dialup, i run win 98 se and it has never ever taken this long to get me email. what can i do to fix my problem? uninstall and reinstall oe? any help would be great. i thank you in advance for any advice. carl

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    ive seen this happen when the mailbox on the server is full, if you have comcast, you can go to the web site comcast.net and use the online email feature to go in adn delete stuff out of the inbox. who ever your provider is should have a version of webmail. give that a shot.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Not an emergency. Moving to General Software :thumbsup:
  • edited December 2005
    geesh... that was fast thanks. i have a local provider not one of the big companies. but you suggest i can go on their website and access my mail from there???? i'll give it a try. i'll let you know the outcome. again thanks :thumbsup:
  • edited December 2005
    armo
    just wanted to say thank you. it worked like a charm. sorry i posted in the wrong group. to me this was an emergency. just wanted to say thanks and i'll use you guys whenever i have a prob. :D
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    :) im glad it worked. Ive only seen that problem one other time. The forum is stuffed with knowledge, dont be afraid to ask
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Ding ding, nicely done, next customer please :D