Team 93 Blitz

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2004 in Folding@Home
Okay we are in need of some serious help.

Ars Technica's Team Egg Roll is about to overtake our team in the Folding @ Home Distributed Computing project. We can't let this happen!

It's time for everybody who doesn't fold, or has thought about it but doesn't understand it, or thinks it's going to harm their computer somehow, to stop being so reticent and INSTALL F@H ON YOUR COMPUTER. We've come together as a site during times of need before, and this is no exception. Remember, it's for a GREAT CAUSE. Consider it charity or volunteer work if you want, but there is nothing negative that can come out of your experience with folding. If you are new to folding, I suggest the following threads:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3

If you are already ON the folding team, thanks, and RECRUIT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. Add more CPUs if you can! Fold! Fold! Fold! :fold::ninja:

I want to make the "inevitability" thread false. I want to make sure that we can not only KEEP our ranking, but maybe even MOVE UP in ranking and go back to #6 where we used to be.

Brian "primesuspect" Ambrozy
short-media

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Recruiting as I type! Fold on ! :fold:
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Realistically speaking, we need to add at least another 8% on top of what we already produce to stand any chance of once again surpassing Ars Technica's Team Egg Roll.

Come on guys, we can do it.

Try asking round local high schools to see if they will let you put folding on their machines. It can go in the school newsletter or something as 'helping humanity'.

~Cyrix
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    my boss got pissed that I loaded f@h on one of the display machines and just deleted it, so it no longer runs day and night. My plan is to just run it when we're closed(he doesn't care about that, just not during the day), and I have another machine I can get folding for the rest of the weekend, but I'm all tapped out at work. I may try loading the beta client 3.25 on my work machine and the xp2200 upfront just for the increase in pointage.
    My bro also said he'd load it on his athlon 1.2 when he reloads his system next week at the cost of 3 silent case fans from me, so that's gonna happen too.
    I also have 4 P4 2.4c's and an xp2000+ that I'm setting up for next week, so I should be able to get them folding for ~24 hours or so on burn in for a few more points for the team. The 2000+ is for my girlfriends brother, so I should be able to get him to run it allthe time for the team as well.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    We need all the support we can get, if any of you don't currently participate in this great project, please give it some consideration and give your computer(s) something really worthwhile to do. :fold:
    edited September 2003
    ok lost my 1700+ at 1833 BUT i put in a 2500+ @ 2000 right now so gain a couple mhz and My pops is folding now his is a 1700+ at 2000 and Hawk is buildinga 3rd pc he will put on team 93 while his others fold for addaboy
    edited September 2003
    Talked to AionSilver he is DL the client now for team 93 welcome back
    edited September 2003
    might be getting a couple more p4 2.5 maybe some from modasylum.com too http://modasylum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2226#2226 register and post they dont have a folding team and i am a friend of the owner of the site. maybe we can get acouple more
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I even drove in to my workplace today to check on the computers (dial up machines). Had to make sure that any completed work units were sent and that new ones were downloaded and running.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Actually we have been passed and it happened before this thread I think.

Not giving up tho.:) We need an extra ~4k a day tho. Their number one folder went down for the weekend again I guess.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Yeah, okay, so really we need to overtake our position. Come on! There's GOT to be people reading this thread that aren't folding yet.

YOU! I know you aren't folding! Come on! Why don't you just try it for TWO days and then tell me why you're going to stop. If it does something bad to your computer, you can stop, and I'll never ask you again. PLEASE!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    This would be the perfect place for the tag that displayed the name of the person who's reading it ;)
    edited September 2003
    There IS no perfect place for the /you tag. That thing was evil incarnate. :eek2:
    edited September 2003
    got a couple from modasylum!
    edited September 2003
    A nice blitz would be to donate a motherboard for SM19 so we can get that up. I cant send out my parts til I find out the type of motherboard.
    edited September 2003
    << waiting on gigabyte to send back my KT 400 board then its urs!
  • FilmFilm Florida
    edited September 2003
    well i recently recruited a 1400 tbird, and im working on more now... i hope we get back our rank! :fold:
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I've got everything I have folding currently (Just a 2100, and my old P3 800). Gotta call my sister and find out why her 2.4 cely isn't folding right now. She put the thing on a wireless network so who knows what happened. After the RunOffs I'm prolly buying a new comp. 3200 I think.
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Well, im going to form 4 of my high school next year, they have a whole school filled with amazing pentium 4s running winXP. ill do my best to install them as soon as i get there (*cough* services *heh heh*) but i cant promise anything :X
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    i got two p4, 2.0ghz folding and a p3 500mhz...not to mention a 2.2gfhz lappy coming in...so yeah i try
  • ReignReign New York
    edited September 2003
    What's funny is that Ars has close to twice as many members as we do, and they don't produce that much more than us. We have way more red and orange folders... but the fact that they have like 750 more members than us.. that's where they get us.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Everyone tackle your neighbor and don't let them up until they agree to fold for team 93! :p

Here's a good strategy: I ask people to fold for me in exchange for helping them with computer problems :)

BLITZKRIEG!

:D
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Wow... they still have under 3000 points on us. Every folder on the team seems so significant compared to that.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited September 2003
    I've had 3 XP 1700's that have been down for nearly a week due to power outages in my area. Construction is ongoing and the idiot construction people keep knocking over power poles and I come home from school to find all my work units corrupted and starting over. I should be back up to 1400 / week soon. I have a UPS but I put SM17 on it so at least she completes some work units.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2003
    qparadox said
    I've had 3 XP 1700's that have been down for nearly a week due to power outages in my area....I have a UPS but I put SM17 on it so at least she completes some work units.
    The Team appreciates you taking care of our baby. Hope to see the rest of your comps back in action soon. :thumbsup::fold:

Edit: So YOU are dsahota! Get ready - here I (scthoburn) come! :wave:
    edited September 2003
    Not if I get their first.:)
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited September 2003
    LOL i noticed both of you on the stats, I'm getting a little worried but I think I can hold you off ;). The power seems to be staying on today.
    edited September 2003
    UPDATE:

Keep in mind that we're probably going to lose some folders to team 33693 (funny coincidence, those last two digits ;) ) so we'll have to double up our efforts on this blitz. I have this feeling that we can indeed pass up Team Egg Roll to regain our spot, but we'll need some extraordinary effort and some extraordinary recruitment

:fold:

BDR WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE OUR TEAM :( :sad2: :bawling:

Update:

I gave a KR7-A to TheSMJ in a pseudo-SMx type of thing: I told him I'd give him the mobo as long as it folded :) He said it's working great and will be folding soon. Thanks SMJ!
    :ninja:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Pass some of that lovin' this way :D

/me hopes up his sign: WILL :fold: FOR FOOD AND/OR COMPUTER PARTS.
    primesuspect said
    I gave a KR7-A to TheSMJ in a pseudo-SMx type of thing: I told him I'd give him the mobo as long as it folded :) He said it's working great and will be folding soon. Thanks SMJ!
    :ninja:
  • BDRBDR
    edited September 2003
    primesuspect said
    UPDATE:

Crying will get you everywhere.
    I'll try to "share the love".
    ;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    BDR said
    primesuspect said
    UPDATE:

Crying will get you everywhere.
    I'll try to "share the love".
    ;)

I'll expand on what primes started:

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Great to see you stop by BDR, we have missed you. :fold: