Forum Upgrade

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    hey what ya know my beloved avatar of 4 yrs is back!!!

shorty u da man :thumbsup:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    No problem :)
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Shorty and Dogsoldier

I really like the new look !! Good work.

Shorty
    Your dedication and persistance is above and beyond. My hat is off to you.

The only thing I do not like is the attached thumbnails. I liked it better when the pictures were just displayed. I did read your comment on page loading times. Is it a bandwidth issue for the server ? Or just an issue with users with slow connections ? It has never been "Slow" for me. Would it be possible to make it a choice in the users control panel ?

Again

Awesome work guys ! Thanks

Scott
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Cool look on the upgrade, very nice. Just thought I'd chime in that I'm getting a lot of "Done but with errors" messages on showthread pages and it seems a lot of time the pages are "sticking", ie: they load like half the page and then stick so I have to reload the page one or more times to get it to complete.

Perhaps a problem on my end but I havent seen this behavior on other vbulletin forums. I'm running XP SP2 on IE 6.0.2900
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited January 2006
    scott wrote:
    Would it be possible to make it a choice in the users control panel ?
    That's a very good thought. I also like to just be able to see them without clicking, but if its a server problem that needs to be links like this, then do what you need to do.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    It does look very nice and clean. In fact it looks like it's going to a wedding its so smart. Excellent work Dan, again.
    I still have to post through advanced though or it crashes firefox.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I don't understand the problems with Firefox with some users. Mine is problem free. Are you all running v1.5?
    edited January 2006
    Im still working on the problem but I don't think I have a full fix but to disable the more nifty AJAX functions that make VB3.5 so much fun :(

Reason:

There is a clash between the AJAX javascript and the folding@home signatures javascript :bawling:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited January 2006
    Shorty, the smilie list is still in a mess. Sometimes they go off the screen.

Just so you know :)
    edited January 2006
    Shorty, the smilie list is still in a mess. Sometimes they go off the screen.

Just so you know :)
    That is out of my hands, that's a VBulletin/FireFox/IE standards issue with CSS & Javascript :)
    edited January 2006
    Okay :)
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I'm having the same problem as FatCat uploading my normal avatar. It gives me the same error and everything. I'm using FireFox 1.0.7.

-drasnor :fold:
    edited January 2006
    drasnor wrote:
    I'm having the same problem as FatCat uploading my normal avatar. It gives me the same error and everything. I'm using FireFox 1.0.7.

-drasnor :fold:
    Animated avatar problem is fixed :)

There is a new option in VBulletin regarding uploading animated pics. Didn't realise it was there, it's enabled now :)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    I don't understand the problems with Firefox with some users. Mine is problem free. Are you all running v1.5?
    1.0.7 here. I'll see about upgrading.
    Edit, hang on, I just clicked post and it didn't crash?
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2006
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but in FireFox 1.5, clicking "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom will of course post, but the next page is nothing more than my F@H sig and thats it.

FireFox 1.0.7 would error out clicking on that.
    edited January 2006
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but in FireFox 1.5, clicking "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom will of course post, but the next page is nothing more than my F@H sig and thats it.

FireFox 1.0.7 would error out clicking on that.
    Yep. Im aware of it but at the moment, I have no way of finding out how to fix it. The folding@home signatures clash with the VBulletin AJAX javascript that is used to not require a refresh of a thread to add the new post :(

I may have to disable that rather nice feature so that the problem goes away. It's worse with any FireFox pre 1.5. It causes those older versions to crash :(
    edited January 2006
    Ok...

I have disabled all the AJAX functions for the moment. Can all those with the FireFox problem tell me if you STILL get the problem or not...? Can you include your FireFox version as well please :)
    edited January 2006
    FF 1.5

Testing....

EDIT: No problem :)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Shorty, just getting ready to tell you it looks like you fixed it.
    I'm running Firefox 1.0.7

I happened to forget to dis-able my sig while quick replying in another thread and it worked.
    edited January 2006
    Yep. So disabling the AJAX functionality stops the bug. I shall address this with VBulletin but I feel they are going to tell me hard luck. They don't support or encourage jscript in signatures, will just have to see :)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2006
    Testing 1-2-3...

Also, I guess the in post editing was part of the AJAX script. I liked that part, oh well. Better to have compatibility than features.
    edited January 2006
    I liked that part, oh well. Better to have compatibility than features.
    Man... I did too. Also I'd like to add when I click the [More] button for more smilies, I get this puny box that pops up. Is there any way to make it pop up as a much bigger box?

edit: yeah theres gotta be - just edit the link code?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    ...when I click the [More] button for more smilies, I get this puny box that pops up. Is there any way to make it pop up as a much bigger box?...
    I'm for that. Full screen would be fine with me, I always end up maximizing it anyway. :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Could we get the Short-Media.com link back on the link bar? I always used that as a shortcut to get the the folding page :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Could we get the Short-Media.com link back on the link bar? I always used that as a shortcut to get the the folding page :D
    Ditto that. :)
  • edited January 2006
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=344647&postcount=22

is it only me who sees this mis-allignment??
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    -animal- wrote:

Looks fine for me
    edited January 2006
    Il take a look at the design :)
    edited January 2006
    -animal- wrote:

I don't see what you're talking about. My pages look just like that too..
  • edited January 2006
    I don't see what you're talking about. My pages look just like that too..

did you see the attached picture in the post that i linked to?

The view first unread and the thread tools bar is longer than the rest of the forum content. I presume that its not meant to be...