Getting an OEM hard drive to work

edited January 2006 in Hardware
alright heres my problem...

I bought an oem hard drive thinking it wouldnt be to hard to install and get working and for my first build that probably wasnt a good idea. The drive is an 80G sata 8mb cache seagate.

My computer only recognizes the drive some of the time. I've managed to install windows xp on it but for some reason it wont boot up in normal mode only in safe mode. I went to seagates website and downloaded discwizard starter edition but when i put the floppys in they arent recognized and my comp just tries to start windows up.

I'm almost there!!! this is making me so mad!!! anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Have you tried the "Cable Select" jumper setting? Have you tried a different IDE cable? Check that first, then we'll take a look at your BIOS settings.
  • edited January 2006
    I think i might have gotten it working! I'll let ya know in a couple mins. Thanks for the help
  • edited January 2006
    i got it working!! thanks for the help
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    What solved your problem?
  • athalonheadathalonhead Member
    edited January 2006
    i got it working!! thanks for the help

I hate it when they do that and dont say what fixed it!