Ladies' Drinks

edited January 2006 in The Pub
Recently I've been told that I drink ladies' drinks. By this I mean things that are fruity or sweet, rather than just beer or scotch. I’ve always been one to go for the “foofy” drinks, anything that sweet and mixed. The site that I use for my drink recipes, www.thebar.com, does not include a search category for gender, so I am wondering if it's real or imagined. What do you think? Are there drinks that are just for the ladies? Any guys out there that drink fancy mixed drinks?

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited January 2006
    So, do you perhaps like Cosmos? Foofy drink!
    Mint julep? Foofy drink!

As long as it tastes good to you. **** machismo.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH
    edited January 2006
    I'll drink a little bit of the sweet fruity stuff but I don't really care for it. I'll usually go for whiskey or beer when I drink (cept shots, I'll all for JagerBombs, they don't like me quite as well though).

From time to time i'll drink brandy & gin, really pretty much anything but rum. I have never like the taste of rum.

//edit

as for the topic, drink whatever you want and just make sure you have fun :Rocker:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited January 2006
    As long as I'm not having to shout the name of a "foofy" drink to a bartender in a loud bar, I don't care what people think. Shouting one's foofy tendencies in a bar is asking for trouble.
  • edited January 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Mint julep? Foofy drink!

Since when did you start drinking alchoholic beverages outside of family events? :hrm:

I always thought the "sweet drinks" were for chicks. They just can't learn to appreciate real liquor. On the other hand I have been known to have one if I don't feel in the mood to dive right into the hard stuff head first.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited January 2006
    :rolleyes:

This from the guy who was drinking strawberry "tarantula" or some crap
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited January 2006
    *cough panzy *cough
    edited January 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Since when did you start drinking alchoholic beverages outside of family events? :hrm:

I always thought the "sweet drinks" were for chicks. They just can't learn to appreciate real liquor. On the other hand I have been known to have one if I don't feel in the mood to dive right into the hard stuff head first.

I didn't.
  • edited January 2006
    :rolleyes:

This from the guy who was drinking strawberry "tarantula" or some crap

Eh?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA
    edited January 2006
    Me I dont like beer, Crown royal and Soco and Coke is good, But my fav drink is an electric lemonade, Its one of those so called foofy drinks, thats fine you can still get F'ed up really quick onthose
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited January 2006
    As a barman, there are certain drinks that woman tend to drink more often than men and there are drinks that men drink more often then women but I don't classify certain drinks as being for certain genders.

A lot of drinks have certain stereotypes attached to them and that gives people the impression that they are ladies drinks or guys drinks but the bottom line is:

Drink whatever you like to drink, and drink responsibly ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited January 2006
    I went to a bar once with a few friends of mine. One of them ordered Peach Schnappes and OJ. We all stopped, looked at him and asked, "Are you serious?"

"What? What's wrong with that?"

"Dude, that has to be the sissiest drink on earth. What the hell?"

"What? What? I like it, it's good!"

"It's sissy. It's weak, dude. Come on, at least get some alcohol in your drink."

At that point the bartender said to my friend in his most feminine of voices, "Dude, that's a gay drink. Even *I* wouldn't drink that, and I'm gay."
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited January 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Yup. I'm not a fan of beer and like Smirnoff Ice. I don't like Whisky, Gin, or Scotch much, but I like vodka, schnapps, and juice in practically any combination. Making gender stereotypes about my drink is a good way to end a conversation with me.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2006
    I suppose you drink Zima then?

the most womanly drink of all ---- zima
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin
    edited January 2006
    I tend to go with smirnoff twisted mixed w/ vodka/rum. I also like chick drinks, I acknowledge they're chick drinks, and then I enjoy drinking because it doesn't taste like I'm drinking poison. It also takes me about 3-4 drinks to get completely drunk, so people tend to make fun of me for that, rather than what I drink.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2006
    yea i know, im just kidding. My friends joke around with me too cause I like alot of fruit drinks w/ rum. Beer is still #1
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan
    edited January 2006
    Beer beer beer for me. Very rarely sissy drinks, less I'm on vacation....... or if I can get a 3 foot Daquri.

Anyways, reminds me of an excellent Kids in the Hall sketch.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin
    edited January 2006
    beer tastes like I imagine ass would taste. My roomate "likes" beer. He takes a sip, grimaces, and then sets the can/bottle down for a while. We make fun of him for it and he gets really pissy.
    edited January 2006
    Everyone in kansas drinks beer....and everclear :wtf: !
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited January 2006
    tmh88 wrote:

Never had it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Beer. And cheap wine in a paper sack. :mullet:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited January 2006
    tmh88 wrote:

I used to drink Zima before there was anything else like it, and I hadn't yet acquired a taste for good beer (being under 21 has a way of limiting your access). And so far, everything that's been made to emulate Zima has been better. Although the Smirnoff flavorings are a little too intense. I think I'd drink a Zima before I repeat the sensation of being bludgeoned with apples again.

Oh, and for everyone that says they don't like beer: there's nothing wrong with you if you don't like Budweiser, Miller's, Natural Light, or their ilk. They suck. You owe it to yourself to go to one of those bars with a bagillion beers on tap and try something different, though. The Flying Saucer bar has locations near you...
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell
    edited January 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Mint julep? Foofy drink!

I'd disagree, watching four guys drink shirley temples on homecoming gives you a little more clarity into what machismo is.
    edited January 2006
    Nomad wrote:
    I'd disagree, watching four guys drink shirley temples on homecoming gives you a little more clarity into what machismo is.
    lol, we wouldn't hear of that pu**y stuff here in Kansas! ;D
    edited January 2006
    Man, it's Kansas, you guys don't hear much of anything.
  • RWBRWB
    edited January 2006
    "If it get's ya drunk" is all that matters to me when I drink ;)
    edited January 2006
    I used to hate beer until I started trying good beers. Now I like good beer, but can't stand the standard mass-produced swill.

Try something from Unibroue. They are a quebec brewery - you can probably find one at a specialty import store or a bar that specializes in beer. I recommend Unibroue Maudite (pronounced ooh-nee-brew moe-deet) for a first time good-beer-taster :)

If you prefer a dark beer, try Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (NOT sam adams) - It is a very tasty stout.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell
    edited January 2006
    Oh you and your minority beer.
    edited January 2006
    "Hello, I am Primesuspect, and if you common people have heard of what I'm talking about, I don't like it. Can I interest you in some exotic French pop, listened to by 7.6 people in a rustic region of the French country-side?"

;D
    edited January 2006
    I'm starting to sound more and more like you everyday :p
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California
    edited January 2006
    I am a Hard Liquor guy, Absolute, Bacardi 151, and when I am not in the mood to get a nice slam it is all about the Smirnoff Ice with added vodka :)