Quick Topic

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited February 2006 in Science & Tech
Hey guys,
real small problem - i just save a gif on my desktop and for some reason, all the names under the icons have gray boxes around them now. I use to know how to make them transparent, but since its default for XP, i haven't done it in a while. Anyone remeber how to make that transparent???

Comments

• reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited February 2006
    right click on my computer, click advanced tab, under performance, click settings. Under the visual effects tab, click on "use drop shadows for icons on the deskop".
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited February 2006
    right click on my computer, click advanced tab, under performance, click settings. Under the visual effects tab, click on "use drop shadows for icons on the deskop".
    now i remember... that's how i did it before... but it's not working this time, maybe a simple reboot mite do the trick; too lazy.....
    edited February 2006
    SCAR wrote:
    now i remember... that's how i did it before... but it's not working this time, maybe a simple reboot mite do the trick; too lazy.....
    nope... restarting does nothing....:confused2
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    It's probably your background color showing through your wallpaper - do you have one of the XP themes activated? If you use Windows Classic style, I think it reverts to showing the color instead of the wallpaper.
    edited February 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    It's probably your background color showing through your wallpaper - do you have one of the XP themes activated? If you use Windows Classic style, I think it reverts to showing the color instead of the wallpaper.
    no i have XP theme on. my background is black with a red ATI logon on it and the boxes are gray. I changed the boxes to a black color so it looked like they are transparent where you pick your desktop solid colot. but when i put them on the red ATI logo, you can see the black boxes. good thinking though :thumbsup: