Windows Server 2003 IIS

I need a direct link to download Internet Information Services 6.0 because I don't have the disk for the remote server.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Are you sure you can? I thought IIS is part of the OS.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I don't think you can download it. You need to (re)install off of a Win2K3 disk
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, I just verified that - it's not a seperate program. it is built right into the OS. What exactly is wrong that you think you need to (re)install IIS?
  • edited March 2006
    Well I it asks for the cd and well of course the guys didn't leave the cd in the dedicated server for us so I was jus wondering if there was a way to download it.

I just had a email sent to our provider to ask them to do it for us.
  • edited March 2006
    Also is there a way to increase the number of remote desktop users from 2 to 5 or 6 for windows server 2003 STD
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    You have to buy Terminal Services CALs.
    edited March 2006
    That's probably the only way to get it fixed :(
  • edited March 2006
    mmm your right your right well I had an email contacting the provider about the liscenses.

I installed ftp server on there but when I try to connect through ftp it will not connect through a browser, etc. do I have to have IIS on the server to do so?
    edited March 2006
    If you are using the integrated FTP, yes, it runs through IIS.

If you use a third party FTP server, such as CuteFTP server or something like that, then no, you won't need IIS.
  • edited March 2006
    I am recieving this error now when I try to access a website from localhost

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Check the permissions on the website you trying to view. This is normally c:\inetpub\wwwroot\

and in answer to this:
    Also is there a way to increase the number of remote desktop users from 2 to 5 or 6 for windows server 2003 STD
    You will need the terminal services mode changed completely on the box from "remote administration" to "terminal services".

As the others have said, you will need to buy CAL's (client access licenses) for either each user or each device (depends on how you set up the licensing mode).

To get an additional connnection to a remote administration server:

Start menu -> cmd -> mstsc /console

That will connect you directly to the console session, thus allowing 3 sessions instead of the default 2 :)